Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Liam Trotter (£5.5m), Neil Taylor (£5 rising to £8m), Jonathon (Free) and Tom Cleverely (Loan) in. Plan on cracking the top 6 this year with the mighty Dirty Claret & Blue Dingles.

Neil Taylor was immense for me last year at LB when I got him in on-loan from Man Utd. I was surprised to see them accept my bid for him.

A central midfield of Trotter, who has been a beast for 2 seasons at Millwall scoring and creating goals, McCann and Cleverly is an exciting one.

I'm having the worst run of form I've had on FM in a long long time. Started a game with Swansea and I just can't seem to score. I'll play well in games in terms of possession and shots but I'll get beat 1-0, 2-1 all the time. Only one once in the Prem and that was when I beat WBA 2-1 after Drenthe got sent off after 12 minutes, all the other games have been draws or getting beat :(

I'm having the worst run of form I've had on FM in a long long time. Started a game with Swansea and I just can't seem to score. I'll play well in games in terms of possession and shots but I'll get beat 1-0, 2-1 all the time. Only one once in the Prem and that was when I beat WBA 2-1 after Drenthe got sent off after 12 minutes, all the other games have been draws or getting beat :(

Davidmarrio OUT!

Davidmarrio OUT!

Pretty much expecting it to happen sooner rather than later :( Although saying that Alan Pardew got sacked before me so there is still hope (hopefully) :crying:

I've been sacked :lol: First time since FM08 I think but kinda glad I got the boot so hopefully I'll be able to get a decent job and build a good squad that can actually play well consistently without throwing in the odd good performance and then letting in a daft goal.

Record was 3 wins, 4 draws and 10 lost. Although tbf the bottom half of the table is a bit mental as from 14th to 19th are all on 13pts and then Wigan are last on 12.

I would've sacked you too. :shifty:

Pffftt getting sacked was the best thing that could happen to me, got the Newcastle job. Gonna take out of the relegation battle secure mid table and watch Swansea get relegated under Alan Shearer

Mmm so my initial foray into the world of British Steel Challenges lands me in the Irish First Division with Athlone Town (having started unemployed). A little annoyingly I chose to start the game in June and then joined a league whose seasons run from Jan to Dec, so I'm effectively dicking about for six months but it's a nice way to get settled if nothing else.

Club expectations are "respectable mid-table finish" which, in a league containing only 8 teams, I presume means anywhere that isn't a) promotion or b) bottom. Not that there's much chance of finishing anywhere else - Limerick FC have been way out in front since before I arrived and SD Galway seem intent on finishing last so the rest of us are a bit much-of-a-muchness at the moment. Of course I have no desire to get promoted in second place so I'm happy to stay a comfortable distance behind Longford there too.

I have got through to the Quarter Finals of the Senior Challenge Cup (we were already in the 3rd round). Pleasantly surprised to see the prize money for winning in the 3rd round being 15,000 euros, aka 3 times my prior bank balance. 300% increase in one afternoon? Woosh.

Pedro from Sampdoria develops into one hell of an Advanced Playmaker (Support) if anyone is interested. I signed him for £6.5m in 2015. Averages 80 passes per game and a rating of 8.5.

Bartra is also a beast. He was surplus to requirements at Barca, picked him up for £11m. He's a cracking CB.

I'm slowly turning Dirty Claret & Blue Dingles into the new Barcelona. Still got two big lumps in Immobile (Got him for an outrageous £750k in 2013) and Charlie Austin banging the goals in up top, though.