Showtime's "Homeland"

Blitz

Holy shit, just watched the prisoner exchange episode was so god damn tense. There were moments I sincerely believed our beloved Saul wouldn't make it.

This show is incredibly good this season. Whilst probably not as good overall, I'd say there's several parts where it is better than season one was.

EDIT: OH FUCK. I POSTED THAT JUST BEFORE THE FUCKING RPG. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK INDEED LOCKHART.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish they'd stop trying to do personal and romantic stories that it sucks at and instead just focus on the thriller elements of the show that it does so well. Really lacking finale for an otherwise good season.

EDIT: Just realised I said literally almost exactly the same thing a year ago re: personal/thriller story telling.

I thought the finale was really strong. A nice, quieter episode that brings most things back full circle ready for the next go around.

• 5 years later...

Using my lockdown to catch up more on shows I stopped watching and just working through season six of this. Really enjoying it, it's good to see the parralels between extremism both "home and abroad" coming to roost in the show, and Quinn continues to be an amazingly nuances character. Dar Adal really carries that quiet evil well, and Saul and Carrie being caught in the middle keeps the shows heart in place.

On 4/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, Benji said:

Using my lockdown to catch up more on shows I stopped watching and just working through season six of this. Really enjoying it, it's good to see the parralels between extremism both "home and abroad" coming to roost in the show, and Quinn continues to be an amazingly nuances character. Dar Adal really carries that quiet evil well, and Saul and Carrie being caught in the middle keeps the shows heart in place.

Season Six is fucking bananas, especially towards the end.

• Like 1

Man, it is a damned shame so many people tuned out before season six, because honestly I think it is actually better than the amazing season one, and doesn't chicken out on the finale.

Spoiler

Peter Quinn will go down as one of my favourite TV characters of all time. What an absolute journey that character took.

• 4 weeks later...

Season 7 continues the insanity. Legitimately, this show became one of the best seasons on TV again and barely anyone seems to know because people like me tuned out around seson 3/4. If you used to watch it and haven't done for a while, I strongly suggest it. Seasons 6 and 7 have been some of the best TV I have watched in years, and considering the strength of TV that is saying something.