EWB-Play Along: Pokémon!

Monkey D. Lars

White 2

Just defeated the 8th Gym Leader Marlon. This is a couple gyms now I've ran against without any type advantages other than TM moves. I had a Leavanny earlier, but it didn't quite make the team. Emboar + Zoroark + Excadrill have been a part of the team for a while and reliable forces of destruction.

Using a few rules. Trying for varied types. Nothing with the same type as the others. Also only using Pokemon I've never used before. Same rules for my White 2 game.

Current Team:

Trainer: Makarov

Spr_5b_571.png Zoroark

Zoroark Lv. 50

Spr_5b_530.png Sol

Excadrill Lv. 50

Spr_5b_561.png Freed

Sigilyph Lv. 50

Spr_5b_593_m.png Aquarius

Jellicent Lv. 50

Spr_5b_612.png Igneel

Haxorus Lv. 49

Spr_5b_500.png Natsu

Emboar Lv. 48

Reserves:

Spr_5b_569.png Kain

Garbodor Lv. 42

My White 2 team finished the 7th Gym and is up next. Post progress inc later.

Edited by mystikz

Oh man, I was gonna crack on with HeartGold or SoulSilver next but there are no DS emulators that I can find :(

As far as I know, Nerf, no$gba has been modified and updated and whatever to run as a DS emulator. I remember I used it once, a year ago, and, if you turned the sound off, it ran completely smooth. Look at this!

How the hell do I download that Ash Gray version Tkz was talking about? It looks so awesome but I can't for the life of me find anywhere online with a working mirror.

Download a fresh Fire Red ROM, download Lunar IPS Patcher, download the patch from here, patch the ROM and play. :)

And it's perfectly legal to post the patch, by the way guys. Just in case anyone was worried. >_> As the patch isn't illegal at all, just the actual ROM files.

Playing Pokemon Ash Gray. Haven't been able to put it down for two days. At the Pokemon League about to face Ritchie, here's the team:

Party:

Squirtle (lv44)

Bulbasaur (lv42)

Pidgeotto (lv50)

Pikachu (lv58)

Charizard (lv42)

Kingler (lv46)

Oak's PC:

Tauros (lv25)

Muk (lv33)

Togepi (lv7)

Man, I remember when I watched the series ages ago, back when I was ten years old, I thought Ritchie was totally awesome because he had nicknames for all his Pokémon. :blush: By the way, I am still toiling away at the game but my phone doesn't want to take screenshots anymore so that is sort of really annoying.

Either way, I have three badges at the moment and I am doing a whole bunch of grinding because I went on a spree and caught and traded a bunch of Pokémon.

Active Team

- Mimien ♂ (Mr. Mime), Level 22

Confusion, Light Screen, Magical Leaf, Doubleslap

- Siver ♂ (Diglett), Level 26

Fury Swipes, Growl, Magnitude, Dig

- Ronda ♀ (Mankey), Level 26

Fury Swipes, Seismic Toss, Focus Energy, Karate Chop

- Ms. Nido ♀ (Nidorina), Level 18

Growl, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick

- Ch'Ding ♂ (Farfetch'd), Level 27

Peck, Sand-Attack, Cut, Fury Attack

- Beltran ♂ (Drowzee), Level 25

Headbutt, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Confusion

Stored Pokémon

- Zoila ♀ (Spearow), Level 25

- Spunky ♂ (Squirtle), Level 26

- Dodson ♂ (Pikachu), Level 27

- Edgar ♂ (Kadabra), Level 26

- Rory ♂ (Nidoking), Level 26

Some of the more... silly names I didn't choose myself since I got Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime and the female Nidoran from some of the in-game trading options. So yeah, done with Vermilion City and I am just going to train up Mimen and Ms. Nido a few more levels (and then hopefully find another Moon Stone so I can get both Nidoking and Nidoqueen) and then head through to the next town. Oh yeah, I also have a Magikarp, named after Shane Carwin, with the Day-Care guy. My plan is to leave him there for the longest of times and then just bring him out when he is ready to evolve into Gyrarados (or however the fuck you spell that).

Decided to play FireRed with one of those Nuzlocke Challenges. Never done that before.

Active Team:

Spr_3f_021.pngSpr_3f_044.pngSpr_3f_012.pngSpr_3f_008.pngSpr_3f_020.png

- Cristin ♀ (Spearow), Lvl 14

Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack

- Jürgen ♀ (Gloom), Lvl 22

Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder

- Aida ♀ (Butterfree), Lvl 19

Tackle, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder, Confusion

- Jens ♂ (Wartortle), Lvl 23

Bite, Tail Whip,Water Gun, Withdraw

- Dominik ♂ (Raticate), Lvl 21

Tackle, Focus Energy, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang

Yeah, I named Jürgen before I realised he was a she...

I'm just about to board the Ship in Vermillion City. Unfortunately the Diglett I met in Diglett's Cave decided to die from a tackle from Dominik, so that's the team I'm left with to face Lt. Surge. No fucking idea how it will work, and I'm fearing some casualties along the way.