The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Are you sure? Pretty sure the rule is simply that you can't play for more than two clubs in the same season, though I'm sure I'll be proved wrong by some crazy player who's circulated the whole of League 1 in a season.

Are you sure? Pretty sure the rule is simply that you can't play for more than two clubs in the same season, though I'm sure I'll be proved wrong by some crazy player who's circulated the whole of League 1 in a season.

100% sure. We've recently signed Emile Sinclair on loan from Peterborough so he has now turned out for Peterborough, Barnsley and us this season.

Wellington Paulista's apparently signed for West Ham.

any good Raf? goal record for his latest club looks impressive

He's been impressive for Cruzeiro, a good striker for the first division, but I think he'll struggle in the Prem just like Ilan did, he's not in that level

I liked Ilan. He wasn't spectacular, but got 4 goals in 11 games - so he was important for us.

Wellington Paulista's apparently signed for West Ham.

any good Raf? goal record for his latest club looks impressive

He's been impressive for Cruzeiro, a good striker for the first division, but I think he'll struggle in the Prem just like Ilan did, he's not in that level

I liked Ilan. He wasn't spectacular, but got 4 goals in 11 games - so he was important for us.

Now that I think about it, I don't know what will be of Wellington Paulista. He's not a great player, but fits the english football style, so he might do surprisingly well, or terribly bad.

EDIT: And now we finally might finally solve the problem in the left-back with Gaetan Bong, and bring in a striker that is not exactly a target man in Remy.

Edited by RafaelFms

The way you're carrying on, it's as if Newcastle are about to sign Messi or something.

Then again, right now Remy might just feel like Messi. It would be a great signing by the looks of things and if he hits the ground running he could steer Newcastle well away from the danger zone.

He hasn't been playing regularly, but he's a great attacker. He's not the kind of guy you rely on to bag 20/25 goals, but he's the kind of the guy that will be crucially involved in most of your attacking moves.

Also, Toulouse's Moussa Sissoko apparently met with Newcastle representatives on Friday, and a move might be made in the summer, when his contract runs out.

My assumption is he'll mainly be playing opposite Ben Arfa with the brief of 'feed Cisse'. It's the big gap we've had for a long time since Jonas got slow and defensive, Ba couldn't and wouldn't do it, and Obertan still isn't quite there. Unusually with that and a right back we've actually filled our weakest positions with quality for once, so once the Colo situation is resolved its only really squad places to fill, plus another centre half due to Steven Taylors glass skeleton.