• Paul Phoenix
    • Nina Williams
    • Michelle Chang
    • Marshall Law
    • King
    • Jack
    • Kazuya
    • Yoshimitsu

My three choices: Ryu, Scorpion and Jack.

WHY RYU:

Well, for one thing, while he and Ken were pretty much carbon clones, eventually the two had very distinct methods of play in spite of the same animations: Ken was speed, Ryu was strength. I always tended to do better with Ryu in Super Street Fighter II. Just the power he had in those Hurricane Kicks....

WHY SCORPION:

Aside from the very cool shouts he would do (at least when I was 9), Scorpion was also the first person who's fatality I figured out. He was kept largely the same in Mortal Kombat II.

WHY JACK:

Ah, Jack. Now, just for clarification, I chose him because of the original characters, he was my favorite to use; had we more options, I would've gone with Eddie or Hwoarang. Anyway, Jack was easy to learn, and I could completely dominate with him. Many people would get pissed at me as I

Went with Paul from Tekken. His moveset was easy to learn and his 90% lifebar eating punch was easy to execute and didn't take 20 goddamn seconds to actually charge up like Kazuya's Electric Wind God Fist (was that in number 1? Even if it wasn't the fact that you could practically OHKO with Paul at any time made him awesome)

SubZero from Mortal Kombat because ice.

The only memory I have of any sort of Street Fighter was when I was in an arcade and I versed somebody who managed to continuously own me until I picked Ken and then proceeded to kick his ass. So that's why I picked Ken.

Ken from Street Fighter, Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat, and Yoshimitsu from Tekken, only because Christie isn't an option.

Also, Zangief > King. For that matter, KOF King > Tekken King.

Ken. Liu Kang. Marshall Law.

Ken or Ryu were my favourites in Street Fighter. I've always loved Kang, and can pick up any Mortal Kombat and know Liu's moves off by heart. And Marshall Law for the Rainbow Kick which spammed me through Tekken 2.

Yeah, Hwoarang is by far the best Tekken character out of all of them, but Soul Caliber has all of these beat anyway, the finest beat 'em up going, and also the one with the best 'story mode'. Voldo FTW. Crazy looking fights.

I loved Soul Calibur for the challenges.

'You have been poisoned, beat your opponent within the 15 seconds it will take for you to die!'