So the new My Bloody Valentine album is finally fucking here!

Anyone care?

Anyone manage to get on the site yet?

Excited!

Can't top Loveless can it?

Nope.

Probably gonna be shite but it's MBV!

I am thoroughly excited for this. Can't wait to give it a listen, especially with the good feedback it has already been getting. Also, Isn't Anything is a terrible album, just bad track upon bad track but I do like Loveless a lot.

Man, I really can't figure out if I like this record or not. I am several listens in and I keep changing my opinion of it. However, it is definitely strongest towards the end; "New You" is so infectious and "In Another Way" and "Wonder 2" are just noise excellence.

This album is just fantastic. The first half manages to sound like loveless but also slightly differentiate their sound. The Second half is just mind blowing. "Only Tomorrow" and "Wonder 2" are my favourites

I've been through several listens now and I don't think it is better than Loveless. It is better than Isn't Anything but definitely not better than Loveless.

In fairness though. It would take a near perfect album to be better than loveless. This is miles better than I was expecting. I was really expecting it to disappoint like The King of Limbs did.

I thought the King of Limbs was a fine album. A lot of critics dismissed it entirely straight away, hopefully they wont with m b v.

It's miles ahead of Isn't Anything, but is that just because it sounds more like Loveless? Possibly, but yeah this new album is amazing.

I listened to about half of this on the bus to work, and I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting much - they were pretty terrible when I saw them live a couple of years ago, and Kevin Shields ain't what he used to be - but it's been good. There's been no standout track, nothing that just took my breath away the way some of Loveless did the first time round, but it's a solid album. Will probably get better with repeat listens.

I need to listen to it at 3am after a heavy night to really appreciate it, I feel.

Between this, new Scott Walker, new Bowie, new Adam Ant, new Rogue's Gallery, new Johnny Marr, and probably a bunch of other stuff, this year's shaping up pretty darn well!

Its pretty much a companion piece to Loveless and if this had come out in '93-'97 then this is what they would have expected to here I think.

There could be a backlash around it sounding a little too much like Loveless, although there is experimentation in the last three tracks. I feel that if critics are going to give it any criticism, they'll say that it is too similar to Loveless. I do not recall that being a bad thing at all (Loveless is a 9+ IMO) but you know what critics are like... Fuck em!