2013 College Football Thread

HailtotheYo

What's the buyout though? Contract lengths mean very little in college.

Eh, yes and no. Given that he's turned them back into a real squad and they're moving into their brand new stadium next season ... it's about making the position a "destination" type of slot. Texas is big, it goes big, and just because you don't wear maroon or orange doesn't mean you aren't Texas football. That's the point, and that's the message being sent. Although, the buyout is around 5m$ according to what I've found (last year Tech was reportedly going to fling 4m at Baylor but it wasn't enough).

Oh I know. I'm not saying that Briles is even interested in going anywhere else (I would imagine UT would be pretty tempting though), I'm just skeptical about any extension given to a college coach meaning much.

DUUUUUUUUKE indeed .... I'd be head hunting if I were a Tennessee fan. Just saying.

I'd love to bee in the team meeting with the Buckeye defense after giving up 35 to freaking Illinois. Yeah, they can shut the hell up now.

Where the shit did Michigan State's offense come from ?

Baylor, North Texas, and Duke control their own destiny. Baylor will win the Big 12 if they win out, and possibly if they only lose 1. Duke will go to the ACC Title Game if they win out. North Texas will go to the Conference USA Title Game if they win out.

Shout out to Kapri Bibbs of Colorado State and his 291 yards with 6 rushing TD's, Charles Ross of Rice and his 215 yards with 5 rushing TD's, as well as Andre Williams of BC and his 339 rushing yards.

In the latest BCS rankings we have our far and away 1, 2 .... and Ohio State is barely ahead of Baylor (who has a huge schedule advantage to end the season).

Del Rio interviewed for the USC spot (idiots, the Big O is where it's at).

Tidbit of the week - times are 'a changing: SEC has TWO teams in the top 20 in total defense. They have FOUR in the top 20 in total offense.

A&M wasted ZERO time to start the stadium renovation. A friend of mine at the game said they were already taking down the goalposts, literally a minute after the MissSt game (last home game this season). This picture is of the next morning:

1455016_10152023348241800_1491380393_n.j

The East side lower stands have already been taken out.

At this point, even "average joe" wouldn't be seeing any action until 6-8 weeks from now because the whole investigation is shot. It's a sad affair for everyone involved, just on a different level. If it turns out he did it, I hope Jimbo moves on without any bullshit. He's really turned the atmosphere around and really done a great job with separating some of the "things" that Bowden had tied to him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10011543/oregon-ducks-unhappy-prospect-rose-bowl-trip

Soooo Oregon players are like "the Rose Bowl ? Whatever, we don't really care."

Look, I get the point of a top team .. you're disappointed you aren't in the Title game. Really though ? Get the fuck over yourself. The game, the Rose Bowl, etc are bigger than you. In fact, for you Oregon guys you've only ever been to 6 Rose Bowls (half of them being over 50 years ago) and you've lost 4 of those 6 showings. Yeah, it IS a big fucking deal.

^^^ If you're not rooting for Duke to play in the ACC Championship you have no soul. They'll get destroyed, but I don't think even the most diehard Duke fans are bothered by that. Just the fact that Duke will be playing for a conference title is amazing.

Also, we're gonna settle the college football fans vs. pro football fans debate once and for all.

996974_10151926886986773_657939819_n.jpg

Game. Set. Match.

(This game is next week)

^^^ If you're not rooting for Duke to play in the ACC Championship you have no soul. They'll get destroyed, but I don't think even the most diehard Duke fans are bothered by that. Just the fact that Duke will be playing for a conference title is amazing.

Also, we're gonna settle the college football fans vs. pro football fans debate once and for all.

1 - Absolutely, on every front. It'll just be a kick ass party and appreciation tour for what Cutcliffe has done for the program. NOBODY will give a shit about what actually happens in the game.

2 - When was there ever a debate ? Pro Football Fans are less than nothing compared to college football fans. Here in San Antonio, UTSA fans were tailgating when they didn't have a team ....