2013 Summer Transfer Thread

I think the fact that he hasn't put one in if anything is a bigger indication that he's serious about leaving. He had no issue doing it when he was just angling for a new deal back in 2010.

I think it's best for both parties to move on at this point. Rooney will be 28 soon, he's not happy with life there. United should get as good a deal as possible for him and get a fresh start. They've shown time and time again that nobody comes close to being bigger than the club.

Thanks for that Lineker, he played again tonight in a friendly against Gillingham, looks more than capable in the air, maybe less so when the ball is on the ground according to reports.

Veseli also played for 45 minutes and was the standout performer apparently, played right back. Hope Ipswich can make it permanent, the guy seems interested too.

Titus Bramble also played an hour! Joined up with the squad yesterday. He's been training with West Ham since his release from Sunderland.

• Like 1

The rumoured mass Chelsea 'Class of 09/10' reunion at The Hawthorns has taken a bit of a setback as Florent Malouda has now joined Turkish side Trabzonspor on a free transfer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHA

HAHA

HA.

Daily Mail claims Chelsea make a £10m plus Juan Mata bid for Rooney

I thought nothing could top the Mata to Barca rumour for "Most Outrageous Lie of the Transfer Window", but I think that's just been blown out of the water.

• Like 1

The same story has now flooded up everywhere (BBC, Telegraph, Times, etc.). Either they're all rushing to copy the same Mail story en masse (which, of course, wouldn't be a surprise), or someone is going around briefing every media outlet there is about this supposed rejected bid.

It wouldn't make sense for the briefer to be Chelsea or Rooney's agent. The only angle that I can comprehend would be Manchester United themselves inventing a "no see there was a serious bid from Chelsea but we rejected it because WE ARE STRONG RAWR" story.

Bit of an own goal seeing as half their fanbase's reaction would say "you rejected a chance to exchange Rooney for Mata plus cash are you goddamn crazy??"... :shifty:

Still couldn't believe when I read Malouda got released, I didn't know he was still there >_>

And if its a class I 09/10 reunion, can we expect Yuri Zhirkov to move to West Brom in the near future? Not that I'd mind, don't feel he ever got a fair chance at Chelsea.

Also, off-topic, but I feel the need to say how awesome your sig is considering you used Paint.

Edited by JeriCodeBreaker
  • Like 3

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHA

HAHA

HA.

Daily Mail claims Chelsea make a £10m plus Juan Mata bid for Rooney

I thought nothing could top the Mata to Barca rumour for "Most Outrageous Lie of the Transfer Window", but I think that's just been blown out of the water.

This is amazing.

If I were United, I'd be offering Chelsea Rooney plus cash in the odd chance someone's gone crazy at Chelsea and accepts it. Mata at United would be insane. I just love the idea that the papers are really trying to insist that one of the top five players in the Premier League is being forced out of Chelsea.