The Cycling Thread

Adam

• 2 months later...
On 02/07/2018 at 12:37, PanamAdam said:

Good, still this won't satisfy some but stuff them, hope he makes it 5 in a row (and 4 GTs in a row) at Le Tour this month.

I want G to win :( especially after he won the Dauphine

9 hours ago, PanamAdam said:

Thomas/Froome 1-2 works for me. Although I think Thomas is going to be moving to become a GC leader for another team so he might have a real crack at it next year instead.

I think G will stay with Sky personally. No better place to be, Porte is a great example of the grass is not always greener, he has struggled leading BMC in the grand tours

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geraint Thomas has won the Tour De France, what an achievement. He wasn't even the team leader at Sky but took control with those back-to-back wins on Stage 11-12 and never looked back.

Alexander Kristoff won a fun final sprint on the Champs Elysses, the final podium should be coming up soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, yeah, what the fuck was that.

Groenewegen's train has to do it himself, and only goes and does it and becomes the first Dutch yellow jersey wearer in 30 years.

If every cycling stage ever ended with a top three involving De Gendt, Pinot and Alaphilippe I would be a VERY happy man.

Pinot's now top of the favourites which is wonderful as he's been my fave since 2012. De Gendt is my fave breakaway rider in the pro peloton and Alaphilippe is just panache personified. I love the fact that in stage 3 everyone knew he would attack to win but when he did no-one could follow him.