Alfred Jodocus Kwak

Monkey D. Lars

I was making a post in the general television thread and then I wondered, do peope outside of the Netherlands know Alfred Jodocus Kwak?

It's one brilliant kids show. It's old, haven't seen in in about 15 years on television here but I know it would still be one of the best kids shows on tv right now. It's one big adventure shows with guns, great characters and the main villan is a crow who resembles Adolf Hitler. He even acts like him if I remember correctly. His name was Dolf.

I wish I could see every episode again somehow.

But anyone here knows this show? I know Eddie must know it.

• Like 1

I've never heard of it, though apparently it aired on Channel 4 in the UK as "Alfred J. Quack" in the mid-90s, if that's any help to anyone.

I looked up the English intro to see if it rang any bells; it didn't.

It was fucking terrible though. The song is atrocious and some of the characters look creepy, specifically the mole. Granted, moles aren't known for their eyesight but this one just has giant empty eye sockets. Draw him squinting or something, it just looks terrifying the way they did it.

Dolf gradually develops from a mere naughty schoolboy, to a merciless dictator, an arms dealer, a reckless politician, and overall criminal.

Ah, good to know the Dutch keep their children's television programs light. Jeez.

• Like 4

Dolf gradually develops from a mere naughty schoolboy, to a merciless dictator, an arms dealer, a reckless politician, and overall criminal.

Ah, good to know the Dutch keep their children's television programs light. Jeez.

You need to prepare your children for the worst.

• Like 1