Help Hugar find a PC

What’s going on EWB? Long time no post from yours truly. I no longer saw any computing forum so I guess this is the right place to post this? Anyway, I am looking at getting a new gaming pc and to be honest I don’t know much about what makes a gaming pc good. I see the specs and half the time it looks like a foreign language to me.

So please help me. I am trying to find a desktop that can handle most games with the highest graphics setting possible. I am willing to spend $2000 max but would perfer to be closer to $1200-1500. So any good guides for me to look for or any good PCs that you suggest? Any advice helps. Thank you.

Holy mother of all time traveling, it's Hugar.

Um. You can probably get an Alienware PC for that sort of budget, but it might be cheaper to build your own if you're looking to go high-end (you can easily get your price under a thousand if you're willing to go that route). I don't have any specific models to recommend, but you'll have virtually no problem getting a good PC on that budget.

I see how it is Hugar, only coming back when you want something. WE HAD SUCH WONDERFUL TIMES ON LEFT 4 DEAD, DID THEY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!?

Ahem...as for your question, I dunno, ask Mick.

I see how it is Hugar, only coming back when you want something. WE HAD SUCH WONDERFUL TIMES ON LEFT 4 DEAD, DID THEY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!?

Ahem...as for your question, I dunno, ask Mick.

Maybe if I had a PC that could handle something as simple as minecraft or didn't move at a snail's pace I would be more active. :(

I just want to leave off Hugar's last status update. It's a thing of beauty.

Ruki is fat.Updated 16 Aug · 0 comments

Is he no longer fat? Did he go on a diet? Next thing you will tell me is Be met a woman or something.

Ruki is fatter than ever.

Be on the other hand got laid.

Be... laid?

My mind is blown.

You want a desktop gaming rig, eh?

Behold ye mighty, and despair.

Doesn't help me to much. I don't know what is good for the pc. Do I need to worry about getting a good processor and if so what is a good processor. What about RAM or graphic card? Oh teach me great and wise Mick. Teach me.

If you don't want to build your own, then something like this would suit you fine. If you look around a bit, you can probably find something with similar specs for cheaper. This was something I found in like 10 seconds on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227503

Basically, you want AT MINIMUM a Intel Core i5 7xx, 8 GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GEForce GTX 660 or higher, or whatever the AMD equivalent of that would be. That setup should run pretty much anything out right now at High or better. The one I linked above is a bit future-proofed.