The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

So their ban now pretty amounts to one Summer of Mild Inconvenience (2015). Sounds about on par for FIFA punishments.

Although I look forward to this being incorporated on FM. If it were up to me, the message would be along the lines of "You will not be allowed to buy players because your club is a bunch of dirty cheats".

• Admin
_77059256_fernandez_twitter.jpg
DONE DEAL. Swansea have completed the signing of Napoli and Argentina defender Federico Fernandez on a four-year contract. The fee is undisclosed but understood to be around £8m.
Arsenal are closing in on PSG youngster Adrien Rabiot, Talksport reports. The 19-year-old has been linked with a £6.5m move to the Emirates, and reports suggest the deal could be done before the weekend.
Bayern Munich midfielder Thomas Muller has told German newspaper Bild that he turned down an "astronomical" offer from Manchester United to stay with the Bundesliga side.
b9fdd62e-3ad2-499c-ba3a-554b484e9962.jpg
DONE DEAL. Norwich City sign experienced ex-Rangers, Aston Villa and Sunderland defender Carlos Cuellar on a one-year deal.
Barcelona have opened the door for Alex Song to make a move away from the club before the summer transfer window closes. The Cameroon international has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp under new coach Luis Enrique and has been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham, among others.
Former Manchester City striker Valeri Bojinov has been allowed to travel to England amid reports he will hold talks with West Ham United.
Man Utd will pay Nani's wages in full despite him going to Sporting CP on loan for the season.
0f2a958a-5fc5-4999-93f3-84671aff566e.jpg
DONE DEAL. Napoli have signed Holland midfielder Jonathan de Guzman on a permanent transfer from Spanish side Villarreal for an undisclosed fee. The 26-year-old, who spent the past two seasons on loan at Swansea and scored nine goals in 59 Barclays Premier League appearances for the Swans, has penned a four-year contract.

Can't help but feel Sporting got a ridiculous deal out of the Rojo transfer, regardless of how good he ends up. £16m, plus Nani for the season for absolutely nothing - SSN said his wages for the season amounts to about £4m, so they've most certainly played a blinder there.

Names like Benatia, Hummels, Vidal, Di Maria, Strootman, Cuadrado etc. are still being thrown around - and I'm not confident we'll sign any of those players by Sep 1st. I do think we'll bring a few more in though. Alex Song is a definite posibility.

Can't help but feel Sporting got a ridiculous deal out of the Rojo transfer, regardless of how good he ends up. £16m, plus Nani for the season for absolutely nothing - SSN said his wages for the season amounts to about £4m, so they've most certainly played a blinder there.

Names like Benatia, Hummels, Vidal, Di Maria, Strootman, Cuadrado etc. are still being thrown around - and I'm not confident we'll sign any of those players by Sep 1st. I do think we'll bring a few more in though. Alex Song is a definite posibility.

Strootman won't even be fit until around December so there's no chance of him in this window, hopefully van Gaal wants him and we go in either in January or next summer. We're absolute idiots for passing up the chance to sign him just a year back for around 12-13 million, was exactly what we needed and somehow Moyes passed up on him.

• Admin
Aston Villa full-back Joe Bennett is expected to join Brighton on a season-long loan. The 24-year-old left-back, who has slipped down Villa's pecking order after the summer arrivals of Aly Cissokho, is down on the South Coast today for a medical.

People said that when they signed Ronaldo.

Except this time they signed a 24 year old full back. He's very good but he's not going to turn into the best player in the world.

Joao Cancelo is brilliant in FIFA, automatically a great signing!

Edited by TCO