The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I still want to know what the whole Remy/Liverpool thing was.

I keep looking at our squad and think we've bought well, we obviously weren't going to get another Suarez, but something is missing and I don't know what.

We have a lot of defensive cover, midfield cover (including 3 of the prems top prospects in Hendo, Coutinho and Sterling) and cover up front. But I dunno, we haven't solidified.

Its weird, because people forget we almost won the league with Torres too.

I absolutely loved Torres, but him leaving and being rubbish was a good feeling, maybe Suarez will be the same... Who knows.

Too early to tell to be honest, but when Torres left we got Suarez who for all his problems was setting the world alight, and obviously he hadn't been exposed to British medias scrutiny so much so nobody really felt the bites/handballs/spits pre Anfield. It hasn't happened this time.

If Torres has gone on a two year loan (until the end of his contract), how much of his wages are Chelsea paying you reckon?

Suarez is a better footballer than Torres ever was but Torres was the better striker. It's hard to comprehend just how good he was in his pomp at Liverpool looking at the shell he is now. Electric pace and frightening composure in front of goal to match.

If Torres has gone on a two year loan (until the end of his contract), how much of his wages are Chelsea paying you reckon?

The most reliable source I've seen says that Milan are paying £6m per year (£115kpw) of Torres' wages, with Chelsea supplementing the other £3.1m (£60kpw).

Torres in his prime was the better goalscorer in that he needed less shots to score, but Suarez scored the better goals, created more chances for himself and his overall play both individually and for the team was better. Torres never had a season as good as Suarez's last season, but then I don't think many strikers in Premier League history have.

Edited by Pesci

I still want to know what the whole Remy/Liverpool thing was.

Supposedly its to do with his heart. Which was a reason why Marseille in the past didn't sign him. Although it's clearly not stopped him that's the rumour.

Who do Liverpool fans regard as a better strikes during their spells: Torres or Suarez?

Torres was the out and out better striker but Suarez is the better footballer. Torres was absolutely lethal for us and his finishing and composure were amazing but the things Suarez could do were unreal.