EWR 2014 Stats Update: August ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Relationships

Nikki Bella > D-Bry = Friend

Brie Bella > John Cena = Friend

Is there really a HATE relationship between Juvi Guerrera and Konnan?

Juvi has been on his podcast and they seemed pretty chummy. Unless something happened

recently.

Juvi and Konnan have had an off-and-on relationship over the years. I'd just say delete it as they are frenemies.

I think the Brie-Cena friendship should not be added and maybe not the Nikki-Bryan friendship.

• Admin

Relationships

Nikki Bella > D-Bry = Friend

Brie Bella > John Cena = Friend

Is there really a HATE relationship between Juvi Guerrera and Konnan?

Juvi has been on his podcast and they seemed pretty chummy. Unless something happened

recently.

Juvi and Konnan have had an off-and-on relationship over the years. I'd just say delete it as they are frenemies.

I think the Brie-Cena friendship should not be added and maybe not the Nikki-Bryan friendship.

Why not? Yes the relationships file is ridiculously bloated but this one actually makes sense to add.

RVD has already been announced for an independent date, so at least put him on an open contract.

-Raise Addy Starr's brawl to 54, speed to 42, technical to 48, stiffness to 37, selling to 62, charisma to 57, and overness to 26.

-Raise Allysin Kay's brawl to 64, stiffness to 54, and selling to 63. Check Menacing.

-Raise Andrew Everett's speed to 83 and technical to 46.

-Raise Barbie Hayden's brawl to 56, speed to 33, stiffness to 40, selling to 74, overness to 34, and charisma to 73.

-Raise Biff Busick's brawl to 81, stiffness to 65, and overness to 52.

-Raise Candice LeRae's brawl to 41, technical to 46, stiffness to 44.

-Remove Cherry Layne from CZW.

-Lower Christina Von Eerie's brawl to 47, speed to 49, and technical to 28.

-Raise Jessie Kaye's brawl to 48.

-Raise Jewells Malone's brawl to 44, stiffness to 39, and selling to 54.

-Raise JT Dunn's brawl to 56, speed to 74, technical to 63, stiffness to 45, selling to 72, and charisma to 72.

-Raise Leah Von Dutch's brawl to 38, speed to 44, technical to 39, and selling to 58.

-Raise Lexxus' brawl to 54, speed to 52, stiffness to 44, selling to 63, and overness to 35.

-Raise Nikki Addams' brawl to 49, speed to 22, technical to 41, selling to 59, and charisma to 63. Check Diva. Remove her from CZW.

-Raise Nyla Rose's brawl to 52, stiffness to 44, selling to 56, overness to 30, and charisma to 59. Add Nyla the Destroyer as an alter ego.

-Raise Ron Mathis' selling to 76, charisma to 73, and overness to 42.

-Raise Shane Strickland's brawl to 68, technical to 74, and stiffness to 46.

-Lower Alpha Female's brawl to 52. Raise her overness to 39 and charisma to 62.

Edit:
-Raise Timothy Thatcher's technical to 77.

-Add Rudeboy Riley to the game:

Rudeboy Riley

Riley

June, 23

Male, Lightweight

Brawl: 61

Speed: 56

Technical: 6

Stiffness: 42

Selling: 73

Over: 23

Charisma: 75

Att: 93

Behavior: 92

Check SS Look, High Spots

$6K

Primary: Pop-Up Knee (Impact)

Secondary: Lightning Spiral (Impact)

Alter egos: James Riley, Rude Boy Riley

Staff:

-Remove Kris Levin from CZW.

-Add Tony Stevens to CZW. Raise his talent to 66.

-Raise Kevin Keenan's talent to 68.

-Add Daniel Yost to the game: Daniel Yost, March, 29. Referee. CZW, $5k. 64 talent, 85 backstage.

-Lower Bryce Remsburg's talent to 61.

-Lower Gabe Sapolsky's talent to 71.

-Chasity Taylor is listed under staff, however she has been wrestling for quite a bit.

-Raise Rip Rogers' talent to 81.

-Raise Jared Artman's talent to 69.

-Brooke Danielle should be moved to Production.

-Lower Rob Feinstein's talent to 59 and wages to $13k.

-How many years has it been since Joey Mercury last wrestled? He's a full-time trainer in NXT and should be moved to staff IMO.

-Change the relationship of David Starr/Supreme Lee Great to a Hate. They had a very public falling out. Likewise, change the relationship between David Starr/Mastodon to Hate.

Edited by KrisClassic

Should El Rey be added during update, or the next one? Because AAA signed a deal with them which would be airing their stuff next month. Prince Devitt seems to be under his real name of Fergal Devitt for NXT, so I suppose the change should be under that.

Also, Darius Carter's finishers should be switched around. According to his bio site, Foreclosure is actually a double knee facebreaker while he uses a submission called Welcome to Welfare which is a modified Queen Angelito Stretch.

Edited by EWFan2004

Should El Rey be added during update, or the next one? Because AAA signed a deal with them which would be airing their stuff next month. Prince Devitt seems to be under his real name of Fergal Devitt for NXT, so I suppose the change should be under that.

I think they introduced Devitt not in character as Fergal Devitt. I'd wait until we see him, Kevin Steen and KENTA added as workers to change their names (which is typically how it works.)

I am not quite sure AAA is actually doing the El Rey show or not. I know for sure there will be AAA talent

everything we know about Lucha Underground so far

What’s the show called?

Lucha Underground.
(It’s at least the third different working name, but appears to be the final one.)
What’s the show like?
No one’s saying! The only thing people are talking about is it won’t be a standard wrestling show, but there’s a wide range of possibilities from there. This is a giant mystery, until it all inevitably leaks out after the first day of taping.
There will be wrestling matches. It’s not a reality show.
Where can I see the show?
The show will air on the El Rey network. The channel is available on DirectTV and some Time Warner and Comcast systems. Their website has a channel finder. El Rey is only available in Standard Definition channel in most markets, though the original shows are recorded in HD.
A Spanish language version of the show will also air Saturdays on UniMas (which was known as Telefutura up to last year and is essentially Univision Dos.) UniMas is a broadcast station, so you must have a local affiliate to get their programming, but they’re in many large markets and broadcast on both DirectTV and Dish Network. UniMas has an HD equivalent. It’s unknown if there will be any delay between when it airs on El Rey and UniMas; UniMas hasn’t announced about it airing soon and AAA/El Rey’s press release didn’t mention it. (The original rumor was the show would repeat on a Univision station after it had appeared on El Rey, so it’s possible there may be a few month wait.)
It’s unknown if/when the show will be released thru other methods (Netflix/Amazon/etc). Other El Rey original shows have been made available thru those systems a couple months after they air on the network.
Nothing has been announced as far as airing the show in Mexico or elsewhere. UniMas does broadcast into Mexico in some border areas (like El Paso/Ciudad Juarez.)
If you’re in the Los Angeles area, you can write in to win free tickets to the tapings in September and October. More info is here. You’ll have to agree not to talk about anything you see if you go.
When does the show air?
The premier episode of Lucha Underground will air on Wednesday nights at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central, starting October 8th.
Who’s on the show?
Officially announced from AAA
Blue Demon Jr.
Fenix
Drago
Pentagon Jr.
Sexi Star
Reported to be on the show:
Ricky Reyes (said to be signed by PWI)
B-Boy (said to be signed by PWI)
Joey Ryan
Chavo Guerrero Jr. – possibly announcing in addition to wrestling “and will have some administration responsibilities”
Hernandez
John Hennigan (former John Morrison from WWE)
Rycklon Stephans (former Ezekiel Jackson from WWE)
Angela Fong (former Savannah from WWE – mostly developmental)
Karlee Perez (former Maxine from WWE – mostly the previous version of NXT)
Candice LaRae
Ivelisse Velez
Offered a spot on the show:
Ricochet (had not signed a contract at least of late July)
Probably legally unable to be the show but would be on the show if they could
El Patro (former Alberto Del Rio)
Rey Misterio Jr.
How many episodes are there?
No one knows. Some people misread either the original press release or what I wrote about it and came up with eight episodes, but El Rey and AAA have been careful not to actually put a number to it.
The current rumor is they’re expecting to tape 30+ episodes. They’ve announced 12 tapings, which would be 3 shows a night. (The tapings are listed as running 1 to 3 hours.) It’s possible more tapings would be announced and the shows spread out more. 30+ episodes would be about a half a year of shows, taking the program well into next May.
Do I need to already know what’s going on with AAA in Mexico to be able to understand the El Rey show? Do I need to speak Spanish?
Nope. This will be completely separate from the AAA in Mexico promotion and the El Rey show will be in English. They’ll be explaining everything you need to know.
The UniMas version of the show will be in Spanish.
What’s AAA level of involvement?
Maybe not a lot? El Rey & Mark Burnett’s production company have the reigns. Chris DeJoseph, formerly of WWE, is one of the producers. Eric Van Wagenen, who’s worked for Mark Burnett’s production company and produced on recent WWE reality shows, is an executive producer.
Konnan has mentioned he’ll be working in a road agent role, but not on the writing.
AAA will be supplying the Mexican wrestlers and may be helping to recruit the US wrestlers. The concept started as an AAA idea, but it’s others who are actually writing it now, and AAA’s role may just be to coordinate the wrestling action to best fit the overall plan.
My best guess is El Rey is paying AAA to be a part of this, rather than AAA spending the production costs. AAA trades costs for creative control (and may not have been able to get this done any other way.)
What does this mean for AAA in Mexico?
Probably not a lot in the short term. They’ll continue running spots shows and TV tapings as they have been. There is not expected to be any story tie in on Mexico with the El Rey show (since it’ll be almost exclusively different audiences watching each show), but it’s possible the US wrestlers working El Rey might be brought to AAA Mexico for appearances if they mesh well. The AAA Mexico wrestlers working the US tapings will be less available in Mexico while the tapings are going on – they may even not be used to prevent them from getting hurt and messing up the tapings – but AAA has no shortage of people to use on television.
A second season would likely include different and/or additional AAA luchadors. It would also open the door the specials/PPVs/touring, none of which appears to be in the plans for the first season. Those would likely have a larger effect on the AAA Mexico schedule.
The long term dream is two full time tours in Mexico and the United States, and all the additional revenue which comes from running in the United States. Everyone in Mexico would also get to be part of the US show. That goal will probably require a few seasons of success with this show (and success might be dependent on El Rey increasing it’s reach or the UniMas airings doing well.)
If Lucha Underground fails, it probably means a retrenchment in Mexico for AAA. They’ll turn their focus back to ways of increasing revenue in Mexico while waiting for another chance in the US. (AAA’s previous deals with US companies have precluded them from running on their own in the US; it’s believed the deal with El Rey, but it’s unknown how long it would last past the length of the show.) AAA’s goal of running the United States will never actually go away, but it may be again delayed a few more years.

I did suggest changing E! to El Rey as E has similar penetration to El Rey in the game.

For UniMas, I have no idea.

I'd suggest IF Lucha Underground is added as it's own association (my personal opinion this is the way it should be a separate promotion in October's game, at the latest November) Robert Rodriguez should be it's owner (as owner of El Rey Network) Mark Burnett should be an unsackable producer, Eric Van Wagenen should be added as a writer and Chris DeJosephs should be in as a writer for the show.

I forgot to mention this in the last post but than Ethan Page/Gabriel Owens should have #AllEgo as an alter ego and Josh Alexander should have #WalkingWeapon as an alter ego.

CMLL spoiler:[spoiler]Hooligan has be regimmicked to Hombre Sin Nombre but I know there are others in the game with that same name as an alter ego. To fix this I propose:

Mascara Sagrada have Hombre Sin Nombre

Pegasso Xtreme (who should be renamed Pegasso) have Hombre sin Nombre renamed to Hombre Sin Nombre II

Ephesto should have Hombre Sin Nombre replaced with Hombre Sin Nombre III

Hooligan should have (and be eventually renamed to) Hombre Sin Nombre IV.

I'd suggest IF Lucha Underground is added as it's own association (my personal opinion this is the way it should be a separate promotion in October's game, at the latest November) Robert Rodriguez should be it's owner (as owner of El Rey Network) Mark Burnett should be an unsackable producer, Eric Van Wagenen should be added as a writer and Chris DeJosephs should be in as a writer for the show.

I have no idea why, but the idea of Robert Rodriguez being in the game just EWR more epic.

Edited by EWFan2004

All Speculatvie:

-Sting should have a Rock or Stone Cold style contract with WWE. Non-Wrestler.

-Brock should have 100 overness since he's about as over as you can get and

breaking Taker's streak as well as the great PPV buyrates in MMA. Also for the

sake of realism should his contract be maxed out?

Also anyone else getting an odd picture when clicking on Ricochet. Is that

him? Some masked dude. I got my pic pack from the July (I think) update and followed the

updates afterwards.

Edited by Oscurospecter

Just wanted to let everyone know that the September DATA Update will be up within the next 12 hours. Apologies for the delay, but I had some unexpected things pop up and really didn't get to update at all last weekend, so I've been playing catch up, because I want to get a lot of things done that have been neglected. I won't get completely caught up, but plan to actually start right back in working on October by the middle of next week.

-Bill