NHL 15

apsham

Despite poor reviews and skepticism from everyone, I still went and bought this on Friday. Have been playing Hockey Ultimate Team exclusively and have thoroughly enjoyed the game thus far. Yeah, it's not perfect by any means but neither were many of the other games I played last year on their first release on this console. Hopefully the patches and gameplay tuners will help the small things that have been bugging me. Only been glitched into a DNF once and haven't had any issues otherwise. Only got stuck in a looping/desync issue one other time and it fixed itself at the end of the first period, and as I mentioned that may have been because I was playing HUT.

While this game might not have every game mode, or really much feature depth. If you're looking for a good hockey game, this is still it. I might play GM eventually with the Leafs, but I've been having fun crushing people online in HUT and slowly building the team I want.

I will be getting it at some point, because I do enjoy HUT enough... but I'm a GM player and they completely missed the boat this year on most of the things that draw me in. It's a massive step backward for that mode.

I like HUT enough to pay half price for this game. The gameplay is good, and it looks brilliant, but for $70 or $80 depending on which version you get... I'm better off with Destiny, or Shadow of Mordor... or Diablo... or Metro... hell, I can just put some more money towards my Hulkamania Edition of the new WWE game.

EA shit the bed, and long-time fans aren't happy. Casual NHL players aren't going to have the same feeling of emptiness from the game, unless all they play is OTP.

• Like 1

Considering GM mode is really the only thing I play, I doubt I'll pick it up from what I've seen from the reviews unless they have some heavy patches. I've never been an online gamer so I the HUT modes don't really matter to me but GM mode was my bread and butter for these games. It's a shame because outside of the WWE game, this is one of those games I was hoping would keep me busy throughout the winter months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I caved and bought it after getting my GST check. Gameplay is a lot of fun, but the GM mode just feels incomplete.

This is the part that bothers me. It's all I play generally and if it's missing a lot of the things that made it fun then I'm not sure it's worth it just to play hockey. I'll have to see what it's selling at.

• Like 1

So, I didn't buy this, but one of my friends got me a copy for my birthday. How stripped down GM mode is still really disappoints me and I don't play it as often as I normally play NHL games when I first get them.

I've had it for a little while now but only really played Hockey Ultimate Team, haven't jumped into GM Mode like I usually do and probably won't until all the patches are out. I haven't even played the game in a few weeks now though, gonna try and get some HUT in this weekend.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone else have an issue with last second goals? I just played a game and gave up a goal with 1.2 seconds left in the 1st, 1 second left in the 2nd, and .1 second left in the 3rd. It's almost like my defense starts heading to the bench with 3 seconds left.

I have that issue. I also have the dreaded 3 goal lead. I have no idea what it is, but it's almost like my team just lays down and I always seem to blow that lead.