NHL 15

apsham

Change your strategy on offense, defense and for your forecheck depending on the score and game situation. Best tip I can offer for better control of your AI players instinctive positions.

You can also get your AI to do it so you don't gotta do it yourself. Just make sure you pay attention for when your AI pulls out your goalie, had a few empty netters scored on me cause I didn't know my goalie went to the bench.

In be a GM mode do players trade value ever actually change? I had guys tearing the season up and there trade value didn't move at all

Trade value isn't based on performance. It adjusts based on overall, potential and your team's standings (mostly for draft picks).

So you can have a 65 overall guy with low potential scoring fifty goals in fifty games, but it doesn't mean jack to the other teams, and you'll be lucky to get anything for him.

The best way to take advantage of this is to find out which lower-end guys you get good usage out of, and who they're making expendable that has a good trade value. There are certain guys that have huge overall and potential, but I can get more production during manually played games out of a guy who should usually be fighting for fourth line ice time. So I just move my higher end guys I don't need... unless I'm simming a large portion of games.

I played about twenty games in GM with the Islanders before I decided to wait for the Deadline Roster Update and play with my Flames, and I wound up trading Okposo for some prospects out of Calgary because Clutterbuck was putting up tons of points, but I couldn't get anything out of Okposo really. Some players just don't play well with different play styles, and I ended up moving him because I was playing every game manually and had replaced him and he was plugging my fourth line.

I found out last night that I really suck when playing from the other side of the ice. Maybe that's why I never play against another human player. I spent the entire second period of all three games just trying to hold onto the lead I'd established in the first just so I could destroy my brother in the third.