Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame Class of 2015

apsham

Moby, probably. Portishead may not be considered `mainstream' enough by the committee.

I think if Portishead releases a new album in a few years and reminds people of how great they are, maybe. But you are right. They never broke mainstream North America. Moby I think is a guaranteed lock because he is American, he released Play, he is a household name and, though many people forget, he was actually really good before 18. I'd say Aphex Twin, but I think he'd just flat out reject a nomination.

It is a total shame that the likes of Patrick Cowley, Frankie Knuckles, Pet Shop Boys and Sylvester will never get in, but it makes sense. A lot like early rock and roll and white people getting a lot of the praise and credit for it's success, dance music and electronic music will be neutered from it's queer roots. They'll induct somebody like Donna Summers, who basically made her career playing to gay people, than said terrible things about them and asked for forgiveness when she needed their support. Or they'll induct somebody like Madonna, who while very supportive of the queer community, wouldn't have been possible without countless other acts before her.

The one act who absolutely needs to get in is Chic. Chic (but more importantly, Nile Rodgers) has been so important for the last 25 years of music. Not just dance music, but all of music. I get not inducing Kraftwerk, because they aren't household names and you can write them off as a niche act, but Nile Rodgers fingerprints are directly and indirectly over everything.

• Like 1

Donna Summer was inducted in 2013. And to be fair, she did have a few hits post-Disco. (She Works Hard For The Money probably being the most notable)

Chic definitely should be inducted. If not, Nile Rodgers should go in solo somehow. Maybe as an influence or producer?

The discussion isn't whether Green Day deserves to go in, but whether they deserve to go in their first year of eligibility, when there are other acts that may be more worthy and haven't gotten in yet. Unlike Koko B Ware, whose worthiness you could argue either way until doomsday.

Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden not being in yet is a damned crime.