munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is hockey today?

Hall for Larrson (poor Oilers)

Subban for Weber (poor Habs)

Stamkos stays in Tampa (poor Leafs...although, ehh, not that upset. Matthews makes it better)

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'm guessing Stamkos looked at the teams he could go to and realized Tampa is probably the one closest to winning a Stanley Cup.

Exactly what I was thinking, there's no way Toronto, Buffalo and Detroit are contending anytime soon. 

I think Buffalo could take a step next season. The Leafs should be better - probably not playoffs or anything, but better. I have no idea what direction Detroit will be going next season.

50 minutes ago, Toe said:

I think Buffalo could take a step next season. The Leafs should be better - probably not playoffs or anything, but better. I have no idea what direction Detroit will be going next season.

I think Buffalo and Toronto will definitely take a step next season, not expecting playoffs or anything, but definite improvements. Detroit, no idea, but they were pretty bad this year and I don't expect much from them. 

Tampa, on the other hand, should be heavy favorites in the Atlantic, I mean, they were one win away from the finals, and that was without Stamkos and Stralman for most of the playoffs. They pretty much got the whole team coming back, so I can see why he chose to stay.

1 hour ago, Hewey said:

Wtf?!!! Holy shit Montreal fans should be pissed.

If I wasn't so disillusioned by the last few years of the Bergevin/Therrien regime, I would be. I have no fucks left to give.

1 hour ago, munky said:

If I wasn't so disillusioned by the last few years of the Bergevin/Therrien regime, I would be. I have no fucks left to give.

Looks like the reported issues between Therrien and Subban were true, no way do Montreal move Subban if there wasn't something behind the scenes.

There are arguments to be made that Edmonton moving Hall isn't that bad because it gets them a good D, frees up some space for Lucic, and theres a big expectation for Puljujarvi.

i mean none of them are good, but there are arguments. Unless this guy magically morphs into Chris Pronger 2.0, I don't get it.

Also

xpressed my disappointment in what had happened,” Hall said when asked about his conversation today with Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli. “I don’t want to sound like I’m not excited to join New Jersey because that’s not the case. I’m a proud person and I do take this as an indictment of me as a hockey player. I don’t think there’s any other way to treat. It’s safe to say that I’m a very motivated hockey player now."

He wanted to be here, which is almost unheard of. He's probably the biggest fan favorite since Ryan Smyth. Nobody seems too thrilled with this. Hope he succeeds.

14 hours ago, Hewey said:

Looks like the reported issues between Therrien and Subban were true, no way do Montreal move Subban if there wasn't something behind the scenes.

I'd much rather have PK Subban. Michael Therrien is an awful coach who gets by because he has one of the best goaltenders in the world on his team.

• Like 2

The Habs going with an awful coach over a star player? I feel like we've seen that before?

Anyway, looks like Detroit has at least 1 more year of falling ass backwards into the playoffs before the Leafs or Sabres are ready.

3 hours ago, Toe said:

I'd much rather have PK Subban. Michael Therrien is an awful coach who gets by because he has one of the best goaltenders in the world on his team.

I still can't believe their GM could be this stupid, if I was ownership I would have blocked that move. Well, at least Nashville has gotten better.

Now we just gotta see how long it takes them to trade Price. <_<

I don't see the PK trade being as horrible as everyone is making it out to be, but as a Shea Weber fan I might be a little biased.

Free Agent Frenzy has been just that. I don't think I've seen as many top players signed so quickly as they have today. I'm intrigued to see what Lucic can do, if anything, for Edmonton. That's about the only free agent signing that has me all that intrigued. I can't see Reimer getting a lot of playing time in Florida to be honest, but if he does then I'll definitely be very happy for him.

I guess Okposo to Buffalo could be fun. Buffalo has always been one of those teams I cheer for but not heavily. They're building a solid little team again.

I got the impression that Oilers wanted Subban, but Bergs thought he could get Oilers to part with Hall + Leon, or another piece with Hall.  Oilers backed at and went with Larsson so Montreal traded for what might have been their next best offer, or a panic move after Oilers backed out.   Just a thought, really. 

I can't see Ladd being useful for the Islanders toward the end of his term.  Same with Lucic for the Oilers.  

I think Lucic will provide some much needed leadership for a very disjointed Oilers team. While he might not be able to turn over points as he gets older, I do think he'll always have that aspect that will play a good part for them.

• 3 weeks later...