2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

10 hours ago, Buschtolo Colón said:

Feeling more gutted about the Isles blowing so many leads to Tampa now.  They could have taken this Pittsburgh team.  :(

If the Pens played like this, yes. What pissed me off the most is Tampa is not doing anything impressive out there, it's all Pittsburgh playing like shit. Last night they just kept sitting back, wtf was Letang doing on the tying goal?

And while it's not on him, Fleury cannot play game 6. He looked shaky last night, not blaming the loss on him, but he looked like he was fighting the puck all night. I doubt Murray could have saved them with the way the defense was playing, but sadly it looks like Fleury is rusty.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so pissed at that first goal, but I'm glad that it got taken back. I don't see where it was really offside, but I'll sure as hell take it. There were some tense moments in the third as well until the Pens scored that 4th goal for assurance. 

1 hour ago, Toronto Blue Forky said:

I was so pissed at that first goal, but I'm glad that it got taken back. I don't see where it was really offside, but I'll sure as hell take it. There were some tense moments in the third as well until the Pens scored that 4th goal for assurance. 

I was definitely getting a bad vibe when Tampa scored the 2nd, glad Rust got the 4th and then they got the empty net.

Game 1 goes to Pittsburgh. For a team whose best period was the second period through the last half of the season, the last two series must have put a real damper on that statistic. I was worried they'd put all their energy into trying to get ahead in the first but thankfully they were able to make it happen in the third period. They have to know that San Jose is coming out firing next game.

Yeah, it was definitely close. Thought we were going to OT, glad they made it happen. But this is going to be real close, Sharks were dominant in the 2nd, but I thought overall Pittsburgh was better in the 1st and 3rd. Jones really kept SJ in this one. Like you, I expect SJ to come out firing next game, lets see if the Pens can weather it. 

I'm not really sure that San Jose showed up to play honestly. Outside of one period in Game 1, they've spent pretty much the entire time on their backfoot. I'm definitely okay with this. Not to mention Sid is in the head of Joe Thornton and that's a huge change from the people who usually manage to get into Sid's head. 

2 hours ago, Fork "The Hitman" Hart said:

I'm not really sure that San Jose showed up to play honestly. Outside of one period in Game 1, they've spent pretty much the entire time on their backfoot. I'm definitely okay with this. Not to mention Sid is in the head of Joe Thornton and that's a huge change from the people who usually manage to get into Sid's head. 

I love how Sid basically ignored Thornton after the cross checks and skated away. If this was a few years back, he would have taken a penalty for retaliating.

The whole team as a bunch has been good at this, outside of Malkin and Letang at times, though, only Malkin took a retaliatory penalty in the finals so far. It's so much different from the Bylsma era where they constantly would take dumb penalties or lose composure like in the Boston and Philly series.

I do think SJ is gonna come out swinging in game 3, I'm expecting a split in SJ with the Pens winning the cup in game 5.