2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

5 hours ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

I don't really see either the Lightning or Isles stopping the Pens from getting to the Cup Finals tbh.

I think the Lightning would give them a really good fight, I honestly would rather play the Islanders. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the regular season match ups - how did the Pens do against the Lightning and Isles? 

To be honest any regular season matchup for the Pens before March should be thrown out, they were a good team before March and have been unstoppable since.

It's hard to find a bandwagon to hop on. Being from Baltimore I can't rightfully go for Pittsburgh or New York. Washington would be a team I liked were their fans not asshats. Tampa Bay and Dallas have won in my lifetimes so they're out. No feelings either way for Nashville or St. Louis. San Jose should be my feel good story team but the Bay Area is gonna get to celebrate an NBA title this summer as well.

The Isles have showed some resiliency in these playoffs, but Tuesday was still a really tough loss.  They are hopeless any time they have to try to defend against a Power Play.  They can still win this series but as I've said I won't be too disappointed if they don't.  Just getting that playoff series win out of the way made everything else gravy.

In other news, the Coyotes are set to name John Chayka as their new GM.  He is 26 years old.

24 minutes ago, RPS said:

I don't know the regular season match ups - how did the Pens do against the Lightning and Isles? 

Pens beat the Islanders 3 times IIRC, losing once in a 2-1 game. Lightning swept the series, one was in OT the other two were when Pens were without Malkin, Bonino, Fehr and one of them had Zatkoff in goal. 

8 minutes ago, Hewey said:

Me too, unless the Pens go to the finals, then I'll take Nashville or Dallas. 

If the Sharks make the finals, the Leafs get a 3rd instead of a 4th in 2018 :shifty:

I'm not usually one to talk about conspiracy theories in hockey but holy hell did it really feel like someone was against The Pen's last night. It's like the ref's felt bad for Ovi and the Caps because there were so many penalties that should have been called against them that never were. Didn't work out for them though. Conference finals against Tampa. We got this!

Those three delay of game penalties in a row were fair play. Pittsburgh saw their victory within reach and they took aggressive plays to clear the puck that ended with bad bounces. 

53 minutes ago, RPS said:

Those three delay of game penalties in a row were fair play. Pittsburgh saw their victory within reach and they took aggressive plays to clear the puck that ended with bad bounces. 

It's not the calls the Pen's took that annoyed me because every single one of them was warranted. It was the calls they missed against Washington that annoyed me. The trips and the slashes. It just seems like they had their blinders on.