2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

Pens v Caps in round 2, or as the NHL will promote it Crosby and some guys v Ovechkin and some guys <_<

I'm honestly very optimistic about this one, without bringing up the Caps failures, I know they're a great team and all, but I was more worried about NY. I think Pittsburgh takes it in six.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The window for the Rangers has closed. I really hope they make some changes.  Rangers never had a top 5 defense despite everybody putting them in that category.  Their defense outside of McDonagh has been brutal for a long time now.  Lundqvist looked like he checked out on them long ago.  

I just wish they could find takers for Girardi, Staal, and Nash - but nobody wants to take those contracts.  I'm sure Nash can be traded if we settle for dirt. I consider AV one of the worst playoff coaches I've ever seen. 

I'm glad Hagelin advanced to the next round. 

So happy the blues finally put the Hawks away. It's good to know we will be getting a team other than LA/Hawks with the cup this year.  

Edited by TGWL

2 hours ago, Hewey said:

I felt bad for Lundqvist during the last two games, everytime he got scored on he had a look on his face like "here we go again" he really looked like he stopped caring.

Agreed. He looked like he checked himself out of the game after the turnovers started. Like he had the feeling that this is done and there's nothing he can do, and mentally screwed himself.  With that said, you go up and down the league and take a look at the teams making an impact in the playoffs -- Ovechkin, Crosby, Tavares, Tarasenko, Kane, Benn, Kucherov, and there's more from each of those teams, but Rangers just don't have anything close to them.  

Edited by TGWL

Pens/Caps on Thursday. Man, I am nervous about this one, think the Pens take it, but still nervous.

Also, hate the playoff format because one of the top two teams in the East will be eliminated in the second round while one of the Islanders or Lightning get to go to the conference final. 

I like the format because it gives us more parity which is good for a sport that's trying to grow in a ton of markets. I also like it because it means every round has at least one big series, and then the Conference Finals and Cup Final basically sell themselves. Of the 5 best teams in the league 2 met in round 1 and another 2 are meeting in round 2. And since it's set on divisional lines there's a good chance there's no love lost in those early, big matchups as well.

Basically it's better for me from an entertainment perspective.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, damshow said:

Who will be angrier when Edmonton wins? Matthews or every other hockey team?

Fixed that for you.

Basically, this is how I see it:

Leafs pick 4th: Leaf fans are expecting this. Lottery odds and the hockey Gods hate us.

Leafs pick 3rd: Consolation prize!

Leafs pick 2nd: Woo! This is hte best possible outcome we can actually expect.

Leafs pick 1st: It's the end of days. Say goodbye to your loved ones.

• Like 1