2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

3 hours ago, Hewey said:

Me too, sucks he was slumping so badly under Johnston. But hey, 5 straight wins, 4 without Geno. They've also seem to have figured out the Flyers and Rangers. I honestly think they can beat either the Islanders or Rangers in the playoffs if everyone is healthy going into it. Kessel also seems to have stepped up lately as well as Bonino. 

I hate to give Kessel credit but he's been one of the best players on the team since coming over. I still wish we'd get rid of Lovejoy and get someone worth while though.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Forky said:

I hate to give Kessel credit but he's been one of the best players on the team since coming over. I still wish we'd get rid of Lovejoy and get someone worth while though.

Kessel has been very streaky to me, sometimes he'll be really good and then sometimes he's kinda invisible. Lovejoy, before getting hurt, was pretty solid, he and Dumo work pretty well together and were for a long time the best d pairing on the team. A year ago I was really sour on trading Despres for Lovejoy, but Lovejoy has been very solid this year. 

And Pittsburgh beats Washington 6 to 2. And are on a great winning streak against Metro teams. 

Becoming more optimistic. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 21:05, Hewey said:

Kessel has been very streaky to me, sometimes he'll be really good and then sometimes he's kinda invisible. Lovejoy, before getting hurt, was pretty solid, he and Dumo work pretty well together and were for a long time the best d pairing on the team. A year ago I was really sour on trading Despres for Lovejoy, but Lovejoy has been very solid this year. 

That's Kessel.

• 2 weeks later...

Murray did good tonight. MAF back would be ideal, but the Penguins are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

Murray did good tonight. MAF back would be ideal, but the Penguins are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. 

Definitely, they're heating up at the right time, and it seems like all four lines are rolling. I think they only need 3 points to clinch 2nd in the Metro, so hopefully they can win the next two games and then rest some of the big guns for the last two games before the playoffs.

No knock on the Capitals, but Pittsburgh has played amazingly since the beginning of March. Washington played great across the entire season, but Pittsburgh is finishing this season off with a tremendous run. 

I still think they're a great team, but with the way they've been riding Holtby, it wouldn't surprise me if the Caps got bounced in the first, or early in the 2nd. I'm not saying he'll have a MAF '12 meltdown or anything, but I don't fear them as much anymore.

On 4/5/2016 at 09:00, Ruki said:

Hey Pens, thanks for the 1st. Now lose the rest of the games :)

A loss tomorrow clinches the Leafs finishing 29th or 30th, meaning a top 5 pick at worst. 

They lost! We're getting a top 5 pick again, yay!

Tonight, we play Philly, who are playing for their playoff lives. If the Leafs lose? Finishing 30th overall AND getting a top 4 pick at worst (because there is ZERO chance of the Leafs getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd because the Hockey Gods hate them). As an added bonus? If the Leafs lose, Boston is less likely to get into the playoffs.

Two spots remaining, who gets in Detroit, Boston or Philly? I would love for the Pens to beat Philly tomorrow and basically eliminate them, but I really don't wanna run into Boston at all just because of Rask.

I was really hoping Rangers would take the loss and play Florida, or the Islanders would win both games giving them the same matchup. Not really looking forward to playing a Hot Penguins team right now, especially with McDonagh having a broken Hand, and Girardi/Zucc questionable.  I can see it now, Hagelin scores the playoff winning goal to eliminate the Rangers... That would be our luck. 

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

I was really hoping Rangers would take the loss and play Florida, or the Islanders would win both games giving them the same matchup. Not really looking forward to playing a Hot Penguins team right now, especially with McDonagh having a broken Hand, and Girardi/Zucc questionable.  I can see it now, Hagelin scores the playoff winning goal to eliminate the Rangers... That would be our luck. 

Even with the injuries the Rangers have, I still worry bout playing them just for Lundqvist. Especially with no Malkin right now. Hopefully MAF is ready to go.

But if the Islanders win tonight then you guys end up with Florida and they get us.