2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Ruki said:

Holy shit.

Seth Jones gets traded, straight up, for Ryan Johansen. 

This could be a great trade for both teams. Nashville has needed a player like Johansen for awhile now, and Jone will now get to be the #1 guy in Columbus. I hope this works out for both of them.

• 2 weeks later...

If Patrick Kane can have 1 point per game for the remaining games of this season, he will have 100+ points. And the Blackhawks are on a nice win streak, so my hockey world is pretty good compared to what the beginning of the season was looking like.

Still haven't given up on the Pens. Currently two points out of the playoff, but they can turn this around especially if the Rangers and Islanders slip a bit. If by the middle of next month they're still struggling, then I'll panic. 

Shocked at Montreal, though. WTF happened there?

5 hours ago, Hewey said:

Still haven't given up on the Pens. Currently two points out of the playoff, but they can turn this around especially if the Rangers and Islanders slip a bit. If by the middle of next month they're still struggling, then I'll panic. 

Shocked at Montreal, though. WTF happened there?

1. Pens have to make it. The Leafs need their 1st.

2. Montreal? No scoring and no Price.

And speaking of the Habs....they suck. because they traded for Scott and stashed him in the AHL, he won't be eligible for the All-Star game. He deserves to be in the game! Don't open fan voting if you don't want fans to vote! Stupid NHL. 

This whole Scott situation is just stupid. Let the man play in the game he was voted into. It should be that clear and simple.

Also, we got Hagelin. I like Hagelin. I'm not sure I like giving up Perron for him though,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forky The Snowman said:

This whole Scott situation is just stupid. Let the man play in the game he was voted into. It should be that clear and simple.

Also, we got Hagelin. I like Hagelin. I'm not sure I like giving up Perron for him though,

I feel bad for Perron cause you could tell he was working hard and trying everything, but he just couldn't buy a goal, and at times looked invisible out there. Maybe he felt pressure in Pittsburgh or something, but it's not like he was going to stay after this year. Hopefully a change of scenery does both guys some good. 

Hagelin on a line with Malkin and Kessel sounds good, especially with his speed. Guy was definitely a Pens killer in the last two playoffs. 

I still think Pittsburgh needs another good defenseman or at least give Pouliott another shot. They need one more good quick puck mover at the blue line.

I was afraid the Leafs were really going to fuck up the logo, but I am pleasantly surprised by what they've come up with. I put it in spoilers below, just because of the size of the image.

Spoiler

mapleleafs.jpg

Edited by Toe
Big pic. Put it in spoilers.

Holy. Fuck. Balls.

That's....that's quite the trade.

We didn't lose anything of value outside of Dion....what we gain is less than great (a 2nd and a prospect is nice, but that is 3 dumps). BUT! We do get out of a 7mil contract which opens up space for Stamkos (I hope/pray).

Dion with Karlsson? Jeeze.

Rielly for next captain!

I'm clearly biased - but I think Ottawa got hosed in that deal.

As for you, damshow - I've never heard anyone complain about sightlines or anything in the Bell Centre. I have never gone myself, but know a few that have. Most say it's a good place to see a game.

• Like 1