2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Pittsburgh got their one bad game out of the way, that second period sucked, though, the Rangers second goal was offsides. Maatta looked bad, Sully needs to put Schultz back in, and hopefully MAF is back in on Tuesday. Not that I blame Zatkoff on any of the goals, but Fleury can steal a game or two. 

I blame Malkin. He comes back and the Pen's have a horrible game. He even played well but I kind of agree with people in that he seems to be messing with the chemistry that the team had while he was away. Maybe people will join me in my trade Malkin wishes this year.

5 hours ago, Forky said:

I blame Malkin. He comes back and the Pen's have a horrible game. He even played well but I kind of agree with people in that he seems to be messing with the chemistry that the team had while he was away. Maybe people will join me in my trade Malkin wishes this year.

That game was all Cole, Maatta and Daley having horrible games imo. Malkin looked good, especially on the PP, but Sully needs to get him his own line. He plays well with Sid, but he is better used at center. If needed, double shift him with Sid a few times, but he's either gotta be in the second line again or play with someone like Rust or Sheary on another line.

I'm glad there's a 3 day break in between games right now, maybe MAF or Murray can come in. But defense has to play much better, dunno if he's still hurt, but Maatta has to sit, he looks super slow out there.

On 4/17/2016 at 01:01, Hewey said:

Hopefully Pittsburgh got their one bad game out of the way, that second period sucked, though, the Rangers second goal was offsides. Maatta looked bad, Sully needs to put Schultz back in, and hopefully MAF is back in on Tuesday. Not that I blame Zatkoff on any of the goals, but Fleury can steal a game or two. 

Offsides how? At first I thought the same thing, but it looks like Brass has control of the puck before going offside. I would have been fine if the play was blown dead when it happened,  but on a review, I don't see how that's called offsides.  He knows where the puck is going and gets control before going offside. 

I'd also be ok with turning that rule into offside is offside, regardless of control. 

Edited by TGWL

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

Offsides how? At first I thought the same thing, but it looks like Brass has control of the puck before going offside. I would have been fine if the play was blown dead when it happened,  but on a review, I don't see how that's called offsides.  He knows where the puck is going and gets control before going offside. 

I'd also be ok with turning that rule into offside is offside, regardless of control. 

I thought it was when I watched it, but after seeing a few clips online, it was a good goal. I would rather they not blow it dead, happens way too many times where they blow a play dead when it wasn't offsides. 

Looks like Sully is moving Malkin back to center and swapping Maatta for Schultz. Unfortunately, Fleury is still day to day. Really sucks if Pens lose this due to the two goalies both getting hurt at the end of the season. :crying:

Anyone else catch the Flyers game? Jesus Christ, those fans were completely classless. They deserve to be swept in their building after that garbage.

The Flyers were no better either, trying to injure the Capitals players. Not saying the Caps are saints, far from it, but that went way past the line. Brooks Orpik looked scary leaving the ice.

The worrying thing for me is that the Caps will sweep and Pittsburgh goes 6-7 games, which is probably likely. Ideally Pittsburgh wins in 5, but they need to be perfect from here on out. 

I hope for no game 7, I had Pittsburgh in 6, and if Fleury comes back tonight or Thursday, I still do. But yeah, they need to play how they were playing last month. I thought they weren't that good in the first one, and had a few awful moments in the second game that cost them. Sully's made some adjustments, so hopefully it works out. 

As for the Caps, I thought the Flyers would push them to 5 maybe 6 games, but I still think a healthy Pittsburgh can take them. 

Here's hoping for a good win tonight and hopefully they play some solid defense and Zatkoff has another good game if Fleury can't play.

Edited by Hewey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

Andrew Shaw suspended for Game 5 of the playoffs for using a homophobic slur towards a referee.

I personally love it. There is no place in the world for sexist, racist or homophobic slurs. And surprisingly, plenty of Hawk fans on /r/hockey agree.

• Like 1

I am surprised he got suspended purely because it's the playoffs, and every playoff game is like five in the regular season. But it sends a strong message and it's an important message so good on the league.

In similar news, a poster on r/hockey shared the story of the first known openly gay hockey player. Unfortunately it doesn't end well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/4fo867/wayback_wednesday_the_rise_and_fall_of_pro/

• Like 1