2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

I feel like the Blues will find a way to lose their series after leading 3-1.  Had a chance to close it out at home yesterday and couldn't get it done.  I can't rule out the Sharks doing the same thing, either.

Not sure if I just automatically associate those two teams with blowing it in the playoffs or if I'm just convinced that the Blackhawks and Kings have magic horseshoes up their asses this time of year.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

I feel like the Blues will find a way to lose their series after leading 3-1.  Had a chance to close it out at home yesterday and couldn't get it done.  I can't rule out the Sharks doing the same thing, either.

Not sure if I just automatically associate those two teams with blowing it in the playoffs or if I'm just convinced that the Blackhawks and Kings have magic horseshoes up their asses this time of year.

I kinda do too when it comes to those two teams, but this year I can see St. Louis blowing it but not SJ. I think LA wins game 5 in LA but lose to SJ in game 6. 

Would love to see the Caps keep their choker label in the next round though. :lol::lol::lol:

Kinda shocked, thought LA would at least go to six. Good for SJ though, after 2014 that had to feel good.

Wild also beat Dallas, that's going to a sixth game too along with the Chicago v St. Louis series.

The Flyers also forced a game six too what the hell? As much as I want the Pens to be the ones to knock off the Caps, I'll get such a thrill watching the Caps blow a 3-0 lead. If the Flyers win game six thanks to goaltending, those Caps fans are gonna be getting memories of Halak before game seven :lol:

15 minutes ago, damshow said:

Caps can't possibly blow 2 more games. Last night was such a fluke, Philly was in a defensive shell for 30 minutes! It was one of the most ridiculous games I've ever watched, ignoring blocks Washington had 50+ attempts at goal.

And the Flyers had 12, I think? Hell, their first goal was off a Caps defensemen. I honestly don't think the Flyers can win if they play like this, but I would love to see the Caps sweat. Philly scores the first one tomorrow, and I can see the Caps melting down and it going to 7.

1 hour ago, Hewey said:

And the Flyers had 12, I think? Hell, their first goal was off a Caps defensemen. I honestly don't think the Flyers can win if they play like this, but I would love to see the Caps sweat. Philly scores the first one tomorrow, and I can see the Caps melting down and it going to 7.

There's no way Washington actually loses 2 more games like that. But given their history they could have a meltdown and lose 2 games via falling apart mentally.

I really do want to see Ovechkin vs Crosby though, but dammit I'd laugh hysterically if the Caps choked again.

• Like 2

So it didn't look good for Pittsburgh in the early going of this game but they finally got it together and scored some pretty nice goals to eliminate the Rangers. I'm pretty sure we're getting a Caps/Pens series next round. I'm not as worried about this as I was maybe a month or so ago, but I'm still not thrilled about it either as Washington is a hell of a team, as bad as I hate to admit that.

I was getting flashbacks to 2014 when the Rangers were up 2-1, but I am so glad the Pens didn't let up and ran right through them. Hell of a win. I think we'll get the Caps too, but I honestly was fearing the Rangers and Lundqvist more than the Caps. It'll definitely be a tighter series, but I think Pittsburgh wins it. Just worried about them making it out injury free.

Aye.  Mets, Giants, Islanders, Knicks.  Just inherited all of my rooting interests from my dad.  I haven't the slightest idea why he wound up with the teams he did, but I'm so glad he picked the Giants over the Jets.  For a few years memories of the Giants' last two Super Bowls were what was reminding me that eventually all of the torture is worth it.

Truthfully defeating the 18-1 Patriots on a last second drive was a cool enough moment that I probably shouldn't ever complain about sports for decades.  But the extra Super Bowl a few years later was a nice bonus.

1 hour ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

Aye.  Mets, Giants, Islanders, Knicks.  Just inherited all of my rooting interests from my dad.  I haven't the slightest idea why he wound up with the teams he did, but I'm so glad he picked the Giants over the Jets.  For a few years memories of the Giants' last two Super Bowls were what was reminding me that eventually all of the torture is worth it.

Truthfully defeating the 18-1 Patriots on a last second drive was a cool enough moment that I probably shouldn't ever complain about sports for decades.  But the extra Super Bowl a few years later was a nice bonus.

Well, I guess we'll always have the Knicks.

:(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hewey said:

St. Louis blows it tonight and now there's a game 7. What are the odds on the Blackhawks beating them like 5-1 or something ridiculous? <_<

I would be stunned if the Blackhawks don't win.  The Blues have to be completely shot psychologically.  And so are their fans.  Just found a Blues message board in which a handful of posters said that they'd sold their Game 7 tickets because they just can't stomach the thought of being there in person to watch the culmination of watching yet another playoff chokejob.  And nobody called them out on it, either.  They've all accepted losing the series as inevitable.

I'm still not counting St. Louis out. I know they have a penchant for choking but there's something different about this Hawk's team as well. I think the Blues still have a chance although they should really think about changing their team name because "The Blues" just doesn't inspire confidence. :shifty: