NBA 2K16

Monkey D. Lars

If you have a lot of cap space and no one catches your eye it's never a bad idea to sign high rated players that are older to one or two year deals and use them as trade bait towards the deadline for youth or picks.

Finally stumbled into the playoffs in my MyGM game with the Mavericks. Played all but 6 games of the entire 82 game season, the 6 games I simmed where at the end of the season where I was stuck in 6th seed with no possibility to go up or down in the standings, so I really didn't feel like playing lame duck games with nothing at stake other than me being furious at the inconsistency of my players.

Speaking of inconsistency, the final month of the season was insanely inconsistent where I firmly trounced teams like Golden State (Curry out for season, RIP their playoff chances) whilst at the same time I dropped games to the 76ers and Kings at the same time before blowing out another playoff bound team. There was just no way to find any sort of constant in the games and even guys like Nowitzki was suffering from the court by bricking wide open shots in his wheelhouse. (And I'm playing with shot timing too!)

So, as the 6th seed I'm squared off against the #3 seeded Los Angeles Clippies, which is an ultimate grudge match seeing they screwed the Mavs out of getting DeAndre Jordan (I'm over that, but it's still a great narrative for a first round series)...

And despite the first two games being away from home against a hostile crowd I blow them out in Game 1 with a 108-85 score, and Dirk Nowitzki (Who is retiring after this season *sad face*) went off for 29 and 11 bringing his prime-time/champ DNA into play and making him become the scoring god he is.

Game two was a bit more closer, but I still won that 106-96 with D-Will getting 19/11, Wes getting 17/5, Parsons getting 15/8, And Dirk getting a silly 16/11R/4A/2S/3B statline that completely ruined anything Blake 28/14, Paul 19/9, and Redick 14/8R tried to bring into the mix...

Also Wes Matthews has been average all season for me, getting only 13 points per game on average... But in the first two playoff games he's seen the light with 18 points and 5 assists... Those goddamn prime time badges are crazy effective.

So yeah, I'm going into my first home game with a 2-0 lead in the series and a real chance to sweep the Clippers in the first round (as is Clipper tradition)... But knowing my infuriating consistency i'll probably drop my home games. *shrug*

Despite this great start to the playoffs, I can see myself getting through to the Conference Semi Finals where i'll have to face either the T-Wolves or the Spurs... But I just don't see this team getting close to the finals, as much as I would love to have Dirk carry the team into his third (and final) NBA finals.

Next season is certainly going to be hell, with no decent draft picks and no Dirk (gonna try to get him as an assistant coach regardless of skills). There's going to be no real big-time player on the market that would fit into the team. LeBron might opt-out, but I don't see what he'd bring to the team (other than everything) with Chandler Parsons being my main Small Forward. But who knows what I can get in free agency... Heck, maybe i'll make a diary out of it.

• Like 1

Managed to sweep the Clippers, although the game did its best to drag it out to a fifth game after I won the third. Because in game four I barely looked as great as I did in the prior three games (consistency is a bitch)... As i expected the Warriors wilted without Curry and the Grizzlies wore them out in seven games... Also the Timberwolves upset the #2 seed Spurs and beat them in seven games with KAT carrying them through... But that makes my semi finals a lot easier than having to face them instead of the Spurs, so maybe there's a chance I can have Dirk and Wes carry the team to the conference finals where almost certainly the Thunder will be waiting.

In the other conference it's Cavaliers/Pacers and Heat/Bulls, so that's going to become quite interesting too with no Hawks or Raptors in the mix.

Only problem I have right now is Chandler Parsons getting a pinched nerve and having a pretty big stat drop. So his lessened skills will put a big strain on my flow offense. I played game three with Harris at the 2 and Wes at the 3, and that game was a chore to get through... So I'm wondering whether to continue with that smaller lineup or go with a weakened Parsons in the lineup...

• Like 2