EWBFL 16 PS4 League

DYSI

Well,cracking start for my rookie running back Bryan Porter. First carry of the preseason and he rips off a 57 yard touchdown run. Got huge concerns over EJ Manuel's accuracy should Cam go down. And I can't wait to test my defensive line in an actual game, it's sack city right now.

WEEK 1!

Packers vs. Bengals

Chiefs vs. Texans ( @Little Red Srarvette )

49ers ( @billyzzz80 ) vs. Cowboys

Steelers ( @Asuka's Gonna Kill You ) vs. Jaguars

Vikings vs. Panthers ( @Cactus Drags )

Buccaneers vs. Saints ( @Unemployed Liam )

Chargers ( @ADG ) vs. Raiders

Bills ( @Thrilla ) vs. Browns

No User/User games so I'll roll again Monday afternoon. Get to playin'!

Just opened my season with an opening kickoff TD! :o

Tough start against the Vikings, but I pulled off a 43-37 win after overtime. Pass rush was nowhere near as good as it was in preseason, and I struggled to get off the field on third down, they always seemed to have Fleener or their rookie wideout way open for just enough yards. Very frustrating. They took the lead with a minute to go, but I immediately answered with a 92 yard kick return TD from my rookie Mcdonald. Couldn't stop them marching into field goal range to tie it up though. Finally in overtime I stopped them on third down just outside field goal range and they punted it, pinning me at the 1. Offense finally clicked and I got big gains from Benjamin, Baldwin and Artis-Payne, and got out of a few jams with Cam's running ability (scared to do it much as he fumbled so often last season). Punched it in from 3 yards out for the win. 

I really enjoyed that game, but I'm determined not to give up that many points again. Really need more production from my front seve. 

Destroyed the Jags 45-17. To be honest they were lucky to get their two TD's. Feared the worst as the opening drive they went about 75 yards with their RB to score a TD, From there though it was all me, they gave up 2 or 3 TD's towards the end of the second quarter, their QB was having an absolute nightmare (I originally started the game and had a powercut two minutes in at 0-0 btw, I wasn't trying to cheat with the two starts :P).

Need to work on the amount of silly INT's I give up. Another one in this game while going out of my way to target my TE rather than being patient and checking the play. Also becoming a bit annoying with how many penalties it's giving me, feel like I'm getting 5+ a game now and they're all CPU based, not even my own doing!

I noticed a couple of weird penalties in my game versus Green Bay too, like three of their lineman jumped offsides 5 different times. It was weird like a choreographed dance routine they planned and decided to breakout at random moments in the game. Ended up winning 30 something to 14(?) in a pretty easy game. Although whoever plays them needs to watch out for their rookie RB because that dude is huge and quick and was running all over the field against me.

I beat the Bucs 24-10. Threw an interception early on after forcing them off the field on their first possession, allowing them to score. Ten second later, I ran home my first ever Kickoff return TD in my time playing Madden, I believe.

From then on, I pretty much steamrollered them with Ingram, chewing the clock whilst getting two rushing TDs.

• Like 2

Grrr, did actually beat the Raiders myself first time out then left to have dinner after winning 41-30 and came back to see my PS4 had put itself in rest mode and because I hadn't gone back through to the main screen I had to replay it.

• Like 1

Bizarre game against the Colts which I won 17-42. One of the worst teams I've come up against, went into the half 2-35 up (the 2 was for a bizarre safety which bounced off of the head of Brown into the end zone and they made a tackle on my recovering guy). They couldn't defend anything, Brown was destroying them with sheer ease and offensively they were awful. Enter the second half where EA decided to suddenly flick the switch. 2-3 bizarre penalties against me to stop me getting TD's, an INT that bounced off of the head of Bryant and into the hands of their player who dived from out of nowhere, another safety and more. They suddenly couldn't be stopped on offense and I couldn't do anything on offense. The safety and INT saw them running down over an entire quarter. 

Probably should be happy beating a team by such a large margin but going into the half at 35-2 I felt like I was on for huge numbers, funny old game at times. Not sure if it was just an off game for them but the Colts can seriously be got at.

Edited by Asuka's Gonna Kill You