EWBFL 16 PS4 League

DYSI

Beat the Eagles 35-17,should have been a lot more to 10,they had a huge TD late when my safety had an easy play but stopped moving when I switched player, guaranteed INT missed.

I don't like to moan too much when I've won, but a couple of things are really sucking the fun out of the game for me. First, I've worked really hard on throwing fewer picks this season (11/5 TDs to INTs going into this game), and I threw 6 today. One was legitimately good, I overthrew Benjamin in the end zone and the corner got under it, fair enough. One was a good read by a linebacker. The other four were either my receiver being moved out of the way because of an animation (like, literally warping across in a way that is not humanly possible) or the AI just making reads they couldn't possibly have made from the vantage point they had. It's really frustrating. Especially when my players, with similar ratings in the same situations, do nothing. And when they have INT opportunities, they drop them, or worse let the ball bounce off their face. 

The other annoying thing is when you work to build your team a certain way and it just doesn't work for some reason. I realised in the offseason that I needed more pressure from my defensive line and rebuilt it, adding Malik Jackson, Chris Long and Jabaal Sheard, and Brandon Mebane for depth at DT. It looked like it was going to work really well in preseason, but it hasn't panned out at all, and I'm at a loss as to why, I got 4 sacks in this game, which is an improvement (although one was an LB, another by a backup). But why should I bother scouting or finding value in free agency if it isn't going to be reflected on the field? 

Anyways, highlights:

As an aside, I think we ought to consider adjusting sliders in future. Maybe not week to week or month to month, but possibly after each season we take a look and see if we can tweak anything (like the NFL has the competition committee meet in the offseason!) 

Ok, I'm easy, I was tied up 10-10 in the second lol 

I havent replayed as I wasn't sure what your rules on it were... I'll wait and see if anyone else has any problems with it, as it's cool with me if you guys want me to sim it, understandable...

I think generally as long as you're not starting every game 5 or 6 times, it's not an issue. There was a guy way back when I ran EWBFL that restarted whenever a player got injured. IIRC it was the same guy who released half his roster so he could sign literally every good free agent before half of us had even signed up and picked our team. Thatlead to the 75+ rule and later the free agent dra. 

4 minutes ago, DYSI said:

Yeah, I couldn't put Srar on AP because my internet wasn't working until I got it fixed today. I'll wait until tomorrow to roll, if you guys still didn't play let me know and I'll put Srar on AP.

Maybe best to just roll mate. Will be quite busy watching the Euro games tomorrow so doubt I'll find time to play Srar then. I could get the game played in the morning against the CPU but don't think we really need to hold things up anymore, best to just roll and hope I don't lose my undefeated streak :)