• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORANGE BOWL- USC vs OKLAHOMA

FIESTA BOWL- PITT vs UTAH

ROSE BOWL- TEXAS vs MICHIGAN

SUGAR BOWL- VIRGINIA TECH vs AUBURN

Who else thinks Cal got jobbed in this whole shindig? I thought the Pac-10 and Big-10 traditionally played in this game, oh wait nevermind, the BCS rules all and screwed it up...again. And hey, The Holiday Bowl. Cal's only loss this season was to USC by 6 and they get rewarded with the fucking Holiday Bowl? It's garbage and that's that, I have nothing else to say about this clusterfuck known as the BCS. Everyone who runs this idiotic system needs to take a good look in the mirror and think about a playoff system...seriously.

ORANGE BOWL- USC vs OKLAHOMA: Total blowout.

FIESTA BOWL- PITT vs UTAH: Utah will run away with it near the end.

ROSE BOWL- TEXAS vs MICHIGAN: Total domination by the Longhorns. \\m//

SUGAR BOWL- VIRGINIA TECH vs AUBURN: The Tigers destroy VT with ease and send a 'what if' message.

Who will win the Heisman Trophy tonight?

Jason White, Oklahoma

Matt Leinart, USC

Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

Reggie Bush, USC

Alex Smith, Utah

My pick is Leinart but I wouldn't be surprised if White won it again. Peterson should win it but he's a freshman so he won't. Bush has been overshadowed by Leinart and Alex Smith has no chance, this spot should have been occupied by Aaron Rodgers from Cal.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was an interesting ball game. I guess you could say after watching Auburn in a game I cared about and paid close attention to, I'm offically on the Auburn bandwagon. They gave Tech all they could handle and then some, but Tech gave them a run for their money as well. Take out a few freshman mistakes and the dropped pass in the endzone and Tech scores the upset.

Like I said though, I'm on the Auburn bandwagon at this point. After seeing how Campbell, Williams, Brown and the defense can play there is not a doubt in my mind that they are the best team in College Football. Auburn proved on a national stage that the BCS system just simply doesn't work. There are going to be four undefeated teams this season, any of which could have won the title. There should be (whether there will be or not remains to be seen) another pair of co-champs this season. Both of those things were promised to be eliminated by the BCS. The BCS system is flawed, plain and simple.

How about Cal getting embarrassed by Texas Tech?

When you fall behind 3 touchdowns in the fourth to Texas Tech, it just makes the polls look that much smarter for putting Texas ahead of Cal in the BCS.

I still say just keep the bowls the way they are and have the 4 major bowls be the first round of an 8-team playoff.

The four winners; BCS rank 1 v. BCS rank 4; BCS rank 2 v. BCS rank 3. Winners advance, and then you have your national championship game, you keep the bowls the way they are and no more co-championships.

Of course, at some point somebody misses a BCS bowl (like Cal this year) and throws a fit.

There's no 100% way to guarantee that you have a fair representation for a championship playoff; even the NFL system has come under criticism this year because of 2 8-8 teams being NFC wildcards while 9-7 AFC teams missed the playoffs completely.

55-19!!

Everyone that doubted USC got a rude fucking awakening last night as the Trojans beat the shit out of the Oklahoma Sooners, 55-19. Matt Leinart, the #1 pick if he decides to leave, threw an Orange Bowl record 5 TD's. I am going to calm down now but over the week leading up to this game I had gotten so aggrevated with all the analysts picking Oklahoma that this is just sweet sweet justice. USC just proves once again that they should have been in the BCS title game last year and that they were the best team all year this year. And one last thing, is it just me or does Jason White constantly look baked?

Fuck USC. Are they the best team in the country? Maybe. Were they the best team last year? Maybe. Sadly we'll never know. I really liked how Reggie Bush (who deserves all the hype he gets, unlike Leinhart) avoided the question about taking Auburns challenge and then whining about last year's BCS.

If Oklahoma stays #2 it's only because Auburn didn't light up Virginia Tech.

Even if it's unofficial, I say let USC and Auburn play one fuckin game against each other...hell, have all profits go to the tsunami relief fund.

I'd like to see the BCS geniuses come up with a reason to not allow THAT game.