NCAA Football Thread

Agent Risktaker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Michigan really shit the bed today. Every analyst on every sports show picked them to kill Notre Dame. I gave ND no chance. But they were bound to choke...just not this early I thought. Plus they still have Iowa, Minnesota and the ever important Ohio State on the schedule. This may be a rough season for Big Blue. Maybe John Navarre wasn't so bad after all.

The big games of today:

Georgia 20, South Carolina 16

Notre Dame 28, Michigan 20

Ohio St. 24, Marshall 21

Texas 22, Arkansas 20

Glad to see Texas getting the win over Arkansas. Georgia/USC was a really close game, but I was hoping the Gamecocks would pull it out. LSU killed Arkansas St. to make up for last week and Ohio State got the win over Marshall, BARELY. This is going to be the year of 'near upsets.' :lol:

Guest Takayamanofear

Wow, Michigan really shit the bed today.  Every analyst on every sports show picked them to kill Notre Dame.  I gave ND no chance.  But they were bound to choke...just not this early I thought.  Plus they still have Iowa, Minnesota and the ever important Ohio State on the schedule.  This may be a rough season for Big Blue.  Maybe John Navarre wasn't so bad after all.

The Nation's Top 25, as of 9/11

1. Southern California

2. Oklahoma

3. Georgia

4. LSU

5. Miami

6. Texas

7. Ohio State

8. West Virginia

9. Florida

10. California

11. Florida State

12. Iowa

13. Tennessee

14. Utah

15. Auburn

16. Virginia

17. Michigan

18. Purdue

19. Maryland

20. Fresno State

21. Wisconsin

22. Minnesota

23. Boise State

24. Louisville

25. Clemson

Others receiving votes: Kansas State 94, Oklahoma State 74, Virginia Tech 59, Memphis 44, Georgia Tech 42, Missouri 37, North Carolina State 35, TCU 30, Notre Dame 23, Southern Mississippi 19, Alabama 17, Colorado 16, Pittsburgh 12, Boston College 8, South Carolina 7, Troy 6, Arizona State 3, Bowling Green 3, Nebraska 2, Arkansas 1, San Diego State 1, Stanford 1.

Edited by AR

Troy State beats Missouri from the middle of nowhere and manages to get 6 top 25 points?  I'd like them to do something good on a more consistent basis before we get them near the polls.

They also beat Marshall, at Marshall. Thats the same Thundering Herd that almost beat Ohio State.

Troy State could run the table this year, if they can get past South Carolina.

Well, the Vols beat the Gators 30-28 here in Knoxville. :)

I figured it would be a close game, but I thought it would be a 7-point difference, not 2 points.

Willhoit missed the extra point for the first time in about 50 attempts (it went wide right), so UT was down by one with less than 5 minutes left. But when they got the ball back, he kicked a 50 yard field goal, with 13 seconds left.

Edited by GhostMachine