NCAA Football Thread

Agent Risktaker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I absolutly had a wonderful time watching football this weekend. Espically watching UW smash UCF. Watching Orton throw all over Syracuse was a good time as well. LSU was an awesome sight, a great comeback. I just hope the rest of the season is 1/2 as fun as this week.

Anyone catch the WVU game? That was hot 337 yeards for Kay-Jay Harris!! And LSU/OSU was crazy. Did anyone watch LaTech and Nevada yesterday? I didn't get to watch it all but what I saw was good. Ryan Moats is offically awsome too. He almost 300 yards and sat out a good bit out the second half. Rutgers beating Michigan State was a little unexpected (at least by me) and was good as it might be a sign that Rutgers are decent this year and could bring another team into contention in the Big East.

Edited by existence02

the game of the week for me was Tennessee / UNLV . Tennesee's two freshman QB's, Schaeffer and Ainge, lit up UNLV, and Cedric Houston was just running over people before getting injured. Does anyone know of any big games for this weekend?

1 Southern California

2 Oklahoma

3 Georgia

4 Florida State

5 Miami (FL)

6 LSU

7 Texas

8 Michigan

9 Ohio State

10 West Virginia

11 Florida

12 California

13 Kansas State

14 Tennessee

15 Virginia

16 Iowa

17 Utah

18 Auburn

19 Missouri

20 Clemson

21 Wisconsin

22 Minnesota

23 Maryland

24 Oregon

25 Purdue

There's the latest AP Poll. What do you guys think of LSU's two spot drop, from #4 to #6. And the two teams that went up, Miami and FSU, haven't even opened their seasons yet. Personally I think it was a bad move by the sportswriters, sure LSU almost got upset by an unranked school, but they didn't...so why drop them below to teams who haven't even played a game?

To answer your question Hellfire, this weeks game of the week will no doubt be #4 Florida State versus #5 Miami. Tennessee/Florida should be a good game as well. I didn't look through the full schedule but those two seem to be the best high profile matchups you'll find this weekend.

Florida State vs. Miami is always a good game every year, with the Seminoles choking it away some how. Both QB's stink so I think it's gonna come down to who's defense can take advantage of mistakes. Man Chris Rix is awful.

Another funny thing is I was watching ESPNnews today and they were debating how Notre Dame was going to bounce back and beat Michigan. They pulled a Mike Tyson. They hand-picked the opponent (BYU compared to Danny Williams) and they lost. What gives them the upper hand over Michigan all of a sudden? I think they'll play better than they did against BYU but they'll still get messed up.

And finally the Paul Pasqualoni era at Syracuse needs to end. They are not that good of a team any more but they are in a major conference and they got royally shat on by Purdue. It was difficult to watch. DIFFICULT.

I'm going to the FSU/Miami game so it's all good on my part. Rix is nowhere near the best, but Bowden has told everybody that he has improved drastically over the summer so we'll just have to see when he plays. Also, did anyone hear about Bowden's grandson dying in Hurricane Frances? :(

Guest Takayamanofear

Biggest upset of the year (So Far) Troy State beats Missouri. Including a Touchdown run by a O-lineman and a TD pass by a Wide Reciver.

Edited by Takayamanofear

Biggest upset of the year (So Far) Troy State beats Missouri. Including a Touchdown run by a O-lineman and a TD pass by a Wide Reciver.

Yes. It's unbelievable to see a B-level team upset one of the nation's best. It gives me hope for Bama.

And ULM...

Troy St. is really like a C-level team, they've only been in the big time for like 4 seasons, and they didn't start out with the talent that UCONN did. I'm a fan of Troy St., due to using them in video games, so it was sweet.

Now, if they can beat North Texas, they should be able to sweep the Sun Belt, and go to a bowl.

Texas/Arkansas was a clusterfuck to start. I'd look away from the television and then Texas would have a touchdown and a safety. And just now, Arkansas scored. Come on, Texas!

Bama's putting the whooping on Ole Miss as of right now. Ohio State beating Marshall sucks ass, since I HATE OSU with a fucking passion.