NCAA Football Thread

Agent Risktaker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Escaped? They dominated the fourth quarter and won the game with ease, really. Sure, it was only by a field goal, but the second half was all USC when Stanford's offense floundered and failed to capitalize on the lead. I am by no means a huge USC fan, but they surely didn't escape a lose to Stanford.

I'm a Mountaineer fan and all, but they finally got what they needed. They got their wakeup call today. I've said it since the preseason West Virginia is not a top 10 team and today they lost to a much underrated Virginia Tech team! I'm way behind on college work today so that's probably the only game I'll get to see this weekend. Keep me filled in on whats going on, please?

To be honest, I'm not sure how half of these Top 25 teams got there. Sure, Georgia and West Virginia are good -- Georgia will probably be National Champions if they don't have to play USC -- but where the hell did they come from? Last year, Georgia wasn't even in the Top 25 were they? If they were, my mistake. But half these teams don't deserve to be in the top 25.

Marshall 33, Miami (Ohio) 25

Connecticut 29, Pittsburgh 17

Navy 24, Air Force 21

Florida 45, Arkansas 30

Florida St. 38, North Carolina 16

Mississippi 28, Arkansas St. 21

N.C. State 27, Wake Forest 21, OT

Virginia Tech 19, West Virginia 13

Iowa 38, Michigan St. 16

Oklahoma 28, Texas Tech 13

Texas 44, Baylor 14

Georgia 45, Louisiana State 16

Those are the major games so far. Fresno State was also upset by Louisiana Tech. I'll have more up when NCAA updates its site. AND TOUCHDOWN NORTHWESTERN. COME ON WILDCATS, BEAT ON THOSE BUCKEYE PUSSIES.

Edited by AR

Just wanted to add that Auburn beat the shit out of Tennessee on the road, 34-10, and the hated Buckeyes lost to Northwestern of all teams BWAHAHAHA, so three top 10 squads lost today. We also know Texas will lose to Oklahoma next week so expect more movement. I too wonder how some of these teams got so highly ranked/stayed so highly ranked after losses.

Edited by naiwf

You mean I missed Ohio fucking State losing :crying: and LaTech is a much better team than their record shows. So is Marshall for that matter.

AR your a Florida State guy aren't you? If so why the hell has Wyatt Sexton been the backup for Rix?

And I've got one more comment after looking at the scores and stats on ESPN.com and watching SportsCenter. It's pretty obvious that he won't but when Ryan Moats (week in and week out I say this) doesn't at least make it to New York, then the heisman trophy should be thrown out of college football. For years now it has been biased towards big name seniors at the biggest schools in the country. But for the past two years Moats has been the best tailback in all of college football. Last season he averaged over 6 yards per carry against a tough schedual and he's doing the same thing this season. I don't expect him to win (Because Kyle Orton is running away with it) but he should at least be a canidate. Looking at the season stats coming into this game he is second in the nation in ypc. Behind only Cedric Benson of Texas; whose only tough game came against Arkansas. There is no runningback in courtry close to his 928 yards. And yet there are three runningback on the heisman watch list, one of which is Benson. He should at least have a shot at the Doak Walker award. And now I'm finished with my little anti-heisman rant. Those stats btw where all pre-game yesterday.

UCLA may have a great running game, but USC's defense will have them shut down by the second quarter. We'll probably see USC's defense go in unprepared and get scored on once or twice in the first, make some adjustments for the second quarter, and shut them down.

USC spent their whole offseason getting ready for the Cal game. I think that, win or lose, if thats a close game, and especially if they lose, the rest of the season you'll see a let down from the Trojans.

I really think that UCLA, even with less talent, except at WR and RB (Bragg and Perry are the best WR tandem in the Pac 10, and Maurice Drew is the most exciting RB, maybe in the nation), they can beat USC.