NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

Guest Bluesman

The finish to that Rams/Seahawks game was nuts. I tuned in right when they started flinging the ball around. What was really impressive was that it wasn't guys like Holt and Bruce making all the plays.

Culpepper had a big day, and Andre Johnson was a beast. A big surprise is San Diego, going 3-2.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell asleep during the Jets game, what was the score?

Oh, great win for the Giants today :D. Barber looked excellent as always, and Warner keeps getting the job done. If not for that loss on opening day, they'd be 5-0, and in the NFC East lead.

Edited by Magus978

It's insane to think that the 2 NY teams are a combined 8-1 when most people didn't have big expectations for either team. I still expect my Giants to finish about 8-8 or 9-7, and the Jets to take a Wild Card spot and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

In what should have been a win for the Seahawks today, the Rams proved that you should never count them out. I mean 14 points allowed in 5 minutes? I was royally pissed at the Seahawks because this is one of the "easy" games that they have: next week they go up against the 19-0 Patriots(which I'm sure the Seahawks will lose). They had the chance, they had the game, but in the end they lost their focus and that's all the Rams needed to come up with the comeback. I really do hope the Hawks can rally next week to pull an upset win against the Patriots, but I believe that in the end the Pats will make their consecutive game record go up to 20-0.

Guest NYJetFan86

Jonathan Vilma getting his 1st career sack in his 2nd career start and the Jets keeping up with New England at 4-0 makes me a happy man knowing that the Jets play San Francisco this weekend before New England next week

I just read a report at the Detroit Lions website, and Roy Williams does not have a high ankle sprain, and is only day to day. That is great news, it's possible he can play this Sunday, and Dre Bly will most definitely be back. Also Boss Bailey is looking for a return sometime in November. For as good as the Lions D have played without those two, it should only get better when they return.

Edited by VerbalPuke

In what should have been a win for the Seahawks today, the Rams proved that you should never count them out.  I mean 14 points allowed in 5 minutes?  I was royally pissed at the Seahawks because this is one of the "easy" games that they have: next week they go up against the 19-0 Patriots(which I'm sure the Seahawks will lose).  They had the chance, they had the game, but in the end they lost their focus and that's all the Rams needed to come up with the comeback.  I really do hope the Hawks can rally next week to pull an upset win against the Patriots, but I believe that in the end the Pats will make their consecutive game record go up to 20-0.

Guest Bluesman

Muahaha...the Packers got their asses beat down in Lambaeu. I don't know if I can explain how much I enjoyed watching that. Especially Antwain's TD near the end, when the crowd starts booing.

Muahaha...the Packers got their asses beat down in Lambaeu. I don't know if I can explain how much I enjoyed watching that. Especially Antwain's TD near the end, when the crowd starts booing.

I almost started to feel some pity towards Green Bay, until I realize they've been a thorn in the Lions side for years. That was just a pathetic display last night by the Packers, and I honestly see them having a top five draft pick this year. Farve's tank looks as if it's almost on E, Ahman Green can't hold onto the ball, and the defense is simply atrocious. Although, Farve is still a scary QB to face, and I'm sure he still has a few big games left in him for this season.

Sorry A-Dub, but I can sympathize. And how ironic, me vs. you in Fantasy, the same week as Det vs. GB. Weirrrddd.... :shifty:

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Bluesman

Culpepper went nuts again. Scary thing is he'd still need 30 TD passes to break Marino's record...which could be made more difficult by a lingering hammy injury for Moss. Bill Cowher better hope we don't meet in a dark alley, as he fucked us out of another TD yesterday, giving it to that fucking Bettis instead of Staley. Fuck him. And Fuck Joe Gibbs.

Holy shit, I can't believe the sickening performance from the Lions yesterday. I don't think I've seen Detroit play that bad as a whole in awhile. The defense could not stop anything, our running game went nowhere, Joey Harrington sucked ass, and the play calling wasn't exactly creative. I'm hoping that this is just a small bump in the road, and not a sign of things to come. I was really high on Joey, but his performance was so bad, that it's hard to support him until he can put up some real numbers. Joey never really has had a huge game statistically.

Monday, October 18, 2004

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

While the trade likely will not be announced until Tuesday, the Oakland Raiders on Monday night reached agreement on a deal that will send disgruntled wide receiver Jerry Rice to the Seattle Seahawks for a conditional seventh-round draft choice.

2004 SEASON STATISTICS

Rec  Yds  TD  Avg  Long  YAC

5  67  0  13.4  18  4

Earlier in the day, ESPN.com learned through several Oakland players that Rice bade farewell to his Raiders teammates, telling them he expected to be shipped to the Seahawks. In fact, Rice even autographed some of his used football cleats for younger teammates and signed some jerseys as well.

"He basically said, 'Hey, I'm out of here,' and wished us good luck for the rest of the season," said one player.

Trades for the 2004 season must be completed Tuesday by 4 p.m. Eastern time.

"Certainly we'd consider it," Holmgren said in Kirkland, Wash. "I had our pro personnel people look at Jerry. Yeah, we're exploring it. ... I would think it would give any team a boost, but really it's up to the Raiders. It's really their call."

The most prolific wide receiver in NFL history, and some contend the greatest player at any position, Rice has been all but forgotten by the Raiders in his 20th league season. He has just five receptions and, in three of five games, did not register a catch.

Although he did not demand a trade, Rice, who has made no secret of his desire to move to a team where he could get increased playing time, met last Wednesday with Oakland owner Al Davis. Since that meeting, he has consistently referred to the Raiders in the past tense, and spoken publicly about his fond memories of his tenure there.

In the past few days, the Raiders have ramped up their efforts to resolve the Rice issue, despite finding a relatively soft market for his services. At age 42, Rice is no longer a big-play threat, and most personnel directors view him as a possession receiver at best. Oakland officials believe that Rice, if retained, would simply be a distraction for the balance of the season.

The Seahawks were one of the finalists for Rice's services when he was released by San Francisco in the spring of 2001. Plus, the Seahawks, who have lost two straight games after a 3-0 start, are having problems at the wide receiver position.

No. 3 wideout Bobby Engram, one of the top slot receivers in the league, suffered a sprained left ankle in Sunday's defeat at New England and could be sidelined be a week or two.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.