NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, now I remember why being a Giants fan caused me numerous ulcers. They can't beat the dredges of the league to save their lives, douches. I can't complain about 5-3 at the midpoint but when you consider two of the losses are to the Lions & Bears and two of the wins are over Green Bay & Minny, it makes you want to kick a child.

Well Cleveland messed it up again

A last-minute interception by Ed Reed clinched a Ravens Victory

Garcia through a excellent pass and that damn TE let it hit off his hands right into Reed's for the longest INT TD return in NFL History - 106 yds.

Wow, if there is one thing I could give the Detroit Lions right now, it would be a bit of consistency. Be it in the Quarterback, the WR's, the defense, the coaching, or the offensive line. Everybody looked terrible against Washington, minus a pretty strong showing from the defense (but let's not forget how we were humiliated by Dallas last week, that's where the consistency comes in to play). I'm really not very high on our coaching staff right now, their is a lack of imagination in the play calling on both sides of the field. Steve Marriucci calls some of the most one dimensional, vanilla offensive plays I have ever seen. Dick Jauron, the Defensive Coordinator does not seem to understand that our pass rush is so much more effective when we blitz. There's a saying in my house when the Lions make a play due to a blitz, it usually starts with "Hey, why don't we blitz more often?" which is replied to with "Because it works".

Guest Warfare

Any of you watching the NFL network? They where having Coachspeak on there and the reporters kept asking Parcells if he was going to change quaterbacks and he kept telling them he wasn't and they kept asking the question he got pissed and chewed them out. It was hilairous.

That wasn't pass interference because he touched him just as the ball arrived, if not after it hit him the hands like Spanktooth said. The Ravens prove once again that their defense steps it up when it needs to and when it counts which was last night. If they had lost, the Ravens would be even farther back from the Steelers and they needed this win as hot as the Steelers are playing right now, but I'm not worried bout the Steelers. Becuase what is that? Who beat the Steelers earlier in the year? (regardless of QB) Oh yes, that's right, it was the Ravens. I'm sorry, but they're the only thing positive in my football world this year. (well, you could count the Falcons too, but they're a little inconsistent it seems) Now if only Boller will start making smart QB decisions....

I hate when people play the "team 'X' beat 'Y' earlier in the season, therefore team 'X' will beat team 'Y' again" game.

Besides, I wouldn't look ahead to the Steelers yet. Baltimore still has the Jets, Giants, Pats, and Colts before their meeting in Pittsburgh. Add the fact that the Steelers may just be the best team in football right now and with the next three games being against Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Washington, they are riding high.

I didn't say that they WILL beat them, I'm just saying that it will be interesting to say the least as had the Ravens lost that game, the Steelers would be undefeated. Plus, the rivalry between Porter and Lewis. But yes, we need to concentrate on those teams before Pittsburgh because those are some tough games, but I still have faith in my Ravens.

William Green and Joey Porter getting in a fight before the game? What a bunch of dumbasses. William Green is Cleveland's leading rusher and Joey Porter is the heart and soul of the Pittsburgh D, this will change the tide of this game. But at this point it's 7-3 Pitt and the Bus is chugging away...

Wow...major changes this week.

Eli Manning is starting over Kurt Warner and Patrick Ramsey is starting over Mark Brunell.

Good for Eli to get his time in, and imo the move from Brunell to Ramsey should have been made a month or so ago.

Edited by Ol' Spanktooth

a guy on our local radio show said he was at the time i posted it and then like 20 minutes later he came back on and said that it wasnt true and that the guy doing stats got his information wrong.

Sorry for the mistake...but Ramsey and Manning starting are true as shown on SportsCenter.

a guy on our local radio show said he was at the time i posted it and then like 20 minutes later he came back on and said that it wasnt true and that the guy doing stats got his information wrong.

Sorry for the mistake...but Ramsey and Manning starting are true as shown on SportsCenter.