NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

Now the Gramatica brothers can go to the unemployment office together YAY!!!! Maybe they'll both celebrate and tear all four of their combined ACLs at the same time YAY!!!!!!!!

Bill Schroeder, you know your career is over when you are brought in as a "veteran leader" and all you do is return the occasional punt.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning only threw three touchdowns...I'm shutting down, the apocalypse is near!!! I knew the Titans were gonna be a breeze but 51-24 was a pretty filthy ass whoopin'. Billy Volek just got beat up all day, except for when he was throwing touchdowns to Drew Bennett. I have to hand it to him, 3 catches, 3 TD's. Too bad he was the only person who sniffed the endzone all day for Tennessee. And Atlanta, they played like shit. Vick is the most hit-or-miss player in the league, he's either gonna light you up, or make the game much easier for you.

Wow Seattle sucks. That is two meltdowns this season against the Rams and now the Cowboys. This defense should be ashamed of themselves and on the onside kick Holy Shit! one Seahawk player even made an attempt at the ball and Jason Witten picked it out of the air cleanly. This team stinks and so does the NFC West. Whoever wins that division is gonna get obliterated in the first round.

It just goes to show you that the Vikings = overrated.

Just like always.

Minnesota is notorious for starting off hot, then collapsing as the season wears on.

The Detroit Lions finally snapped their five game skid, so I can now show my face in the NFL thread again! :shifty:

But seriously, they needed this win badly, if only to boost their confidence after being humiliated by the Colts. I think the Lions can pull off a 7-9 season this year, which I'd be happy with. One positive thing is that Kevin Jones is really starting to run well now, he's hitting the holes fast, and fights for every yard. I think he has really matured as a player over the last few weeks. I know it's too early to start looking at next season, but with Kevin Jones running well, and having both Roy Williams and Charles Rogers back at full health, our offense could be very fun to watch. That does hinge on Joey Harrington however, he still needs to deliver the ball with more consistency. I'm thinking the Lions ought to be looking at a great pass rusher or safety in the draft, or a stud TE if there is one available.

Draft Prognosticators so far have the draft as such:

1. San Fran- Aaron Rodgers, QB Cal

2. Miami- Matt Leinart, QB USC

3. Washington- Mike Williams, WR no college (USC)

4. Kansas City- Antrel Rolle, CB Miami FL

5. Cleveland- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

6. Chicago- Braylon Edwards, WR Michigan

7. Arizona- Cedric Benson, RB Texas

And for Detroit it seems they are either going after a DE to replace Robert Porcher or another WR if Charles Rogers' injury problems hinder his career. Examples include DE Erasmus James from Wisconsin and Mark Clayton, WR from Oklahoma.

Those seem pretty accurate, it would be quite interesting if the Bears took Braylon Edwards though. The reason being that they drafted the top Michigan WR in David Terrell a few years back, and he really hasn't panned out thus far.

I think the Lions should draft another WR this year, however i think they should wait until maybe the 3rd or 4th round. Spending three picks on three WR's in 3 out of the last 4 years is probably not the route they want to go. I'd say we need a guy to come in and become a solid 2 or 3 for us if Rogers is still hindered by the injury. Tai Streets has been a huge dissapointment this year, and Az Hakim still drops alot of balls, and to be honest he has also been a dissapointment in my view. I think DE is our best bet this year. This also hinges on who we sign in Free Agency before the draft as well. I think if the Lions can draft/sign a stud DE to compliment James Hall (who has really had a breakout year) then our D-Line we'll be feared around the league. That however is another thing that hinges on another scenario, we re-sign Shaun Rogers. Re-signing Shaun Rogers has to be the Lions to priority this season, they have to keep him by any means necesary.

Those seem pretty accurate, it would be quite interesting if the Bears took Braylon Edwards though. The reason being that they drafted the top Michigan WR in David Terrell a few years back, and he really hasn't panned out thus far.

I think the Lions should draft another WR this year, however i think they should wait until maybe the 3rd or 4th round. Spending three picks on three WR's in 3 out of the last 4 years is probably not the route they want to go. I'd say we need a guy to come in and become a solid 2 or 3 for us if Rogers is still hindered by the injury. Tai Streets has been a huge dissapointment this year, and Az Hakim still drops alot of balls, and to be honest he has also been a dissapointment in my view. I think DE is our best bet this year. This also hinges on who we sign in Free Agency before the draft as well. I think if the Lions can draft/sign a stud DE to compliment James Hall (who has really had a breakout year) then our D-Line we'll be feared around the league. That however is another thing that hinges on another scenario, we re-sign Shaun Rogers. Re-signing Shaun Rogers has to be the Lions to priority this season, they have to keep him by any means necesary.

Edited by Javs

Chris Henry will easily be the steal of the draft, if he decides to enter it. The man has major attitude problems, but has the skills to back it up. He would be a 1st round pick, but his attitude problems will make him a Third Rounder.

Another Later Round WR I'd look into is Cro Thorpe. The guy runs a 4 Flat on the 40. He was a beast last year, but ended up breaking his leg, and if he can get back to how he did during his junior year. He will defintely please whichever team picks him up.

I'm all for late round steals due to attitude problems. Unfortunately the Lions organization doesn't feel the same way as I do. I believe it was 1998, the Lions had a shot at drafting Randy Moss, but instead took CB Terry Fair. Now you're probably wondering who Terry Fair is? Well if you are then that proves my point, he's not even in the league. We passed up on the top WR (arguably) in the league because he had a bit of an attitude problem. Last year we passed on Onterrio Smith (4th round selection) for the same reason, we instead took a gamble on Artose Pinner, who is a decent back, but not nearly as effective as Smith. The reason I say gambled on Pinner is because he slipped into the 4th due to a broken foot suffered in the senior bowl. The ironic thing is that both the players the Lions passed on ended up in Minnestoa, a division rival. And yes both had done their "Fair" share (pun fully intended) of damage to the Lions.

Robiskie was impressed with him taking the couple of shots he took against New England. He is not very high on Garcia to the point where he said even if Jeff was 100% he would not go this week. He said that McCown got unlucky in his first game being against the best team in the world.

In Indy news, Marvin Harrison ain't goin' nowhere! Seven year extension today I might be off but I think its in the neighborhood of $67 million with an undisclosed amount guaranteed. It is also structured so that the Colts have a good amount of cap space to try to bring the Edge back next year.

• 2 weeks later...