Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it was the other way round. We had agreed to let him go and jst hours after agreeing a deal Vieira talked to Dein and Wenger and said he can't leave. That's what Dein himself said anyway.

The fee was one of the main things that kept him from going. That and the fact he would have lost about £3m if he did move. Oh well, he's still a Gooner, and that's all that matters.

United were the best team in England a few years back, but for everyone who still thinks that, they need to check out Arsenal, because boy are they fucking awesome!

Seriously if Arsenal play like they did today they can beat any team in England. They let three goals in which is bad, but never were they a bad team today. Once they went three down they literally destroyed Boro once Pires hit the pitch. I'll say Henry is on pure fire, and right now he hasn't even taken off properly. Pires is better than ever, whatever anyone seems to say I still think he's Arsenal's biggest player, but most will disagree. Reyes is just pure awesome, he missed a few chances today but he made up for it with his great goal. Bergkamp is just brilliant like always, no doubt there. Fabrigas(Sp?) is pretty damn good. He did some really great runs today and one led to the Pires goal I believe. Cygan HAS to go, simple as. He isn't good enough to be playing at the back for Arsenal, and I think if they used him in Europe then most strikers would rip apart the main part of Arsenal's defence, so they need Cambell back if you ask me. There were other good players, but there the main guys I picked out in todays game.

The whole match was pretty awesome. Boro were never bad at all, but they lacked in some parts, specialy on the right with Mendieta at times. I'm really glad Arsenal did win today because I detest Chelsea and know there not good enough to be champions, so I pretty much want Arsenal to destroy them :P

I also want to say I wonder how Viera feels? I mean sure he's damn great, but I honestly think Arsenal have coped well without him.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

What a game, what a bloody game. One of the best I have seen for quite some time. And yes, Arsenal are the best team in England right now, possibly the world, and probably will be for some time to come.

Altho Orient are better...

All I can say is what has already been said, bloody AWESOME game to watch. Reyes' goal was superb and I was still celebraitng the goal before that then I heard Martin Tyler scream "REYES!!!" and I saw the ball fly into the top corner, it was brilliant stuff. That is a comeback, and then some.

It's like the start of that season a couple years back when we started off on fire without Ljungberg or Pires - this year we've still got Campbell and Vieira to throw in to the mix. That other year we fell apart in the end but I just don't think we will this time. Naturally we'll have dips in form, although right now that team looks hard to better.

It's been said, but that was a great game, and a good showing by Arsenal (and for a long time Middlesbrough too).

Well, we were nice enough to BREAK the Nottingham Forest record today with a 3-0 win over Blackburn! Henry, Gilberto and Reyes. He he, we are the greatest :)

Well, we were nice enough to BREAK the Nottingham Forest record today with a 3-0 win over Blackburn! Henry, Gilberto and Reyes. He he, we are the greatest :)

Great but still not as good as Madrid I'm afraid :P

Henry and Reyes are on fire big time so I cant see Arsenal slipping up anything soon against anyone but Liverpool or Man United, that's if they do slip up.

Come on! We're the best team in the world, with Real Madrid a close second. They signed Jonathan "Sicknote 2.0" Woodgate, and Michael Owen this summer, who are 50/50 on whether they will be a success or not. Walter Samuel is a brilliant signing tho. We play the better football.

In short, Arsenal > Real Madrid

Great but still not as good as Madrid I'm afraid :P

Henry and Reyes are on fire big time so I cant see Arsenal slipping up anything soon against anyone but Liverpool or Man United, that's if they do slip up.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guest PlagueUK

Amazing, pure amazing, and I'm a Man Utd fan lol, I take my hat off to Aresnal they are such a pleasure to watch, and 12 goals in 3 games has lost me the pot in our pool at work, first to 11 goals they say lol, I thought i did well in drawing man u, but no, Some one has won £60 now

Wenger believes that Cesc is good enough NOW to get into the full Spanish team, and I for one agree with him. He's filled the Vieira gap so well. He plays ahead of his years, you'd think he's in his mid-twenties! He's got such a great future ahead of him, and I hope he becomes as good as, if not better than Vieira, which is the way he's heading.

With this Rooney saga going on, would anyone want to see Arsenal bid to buy him at the end of the season?

With Bergkamp going that would be great but it would leave Bentley with no space and Aliadiere. I think Aliadiere will go anyway. Maybe Bentley would push over to the right or in the middle, who knows, but it would be great to Rooney even though it is not going to happen for sure.