Arsenal Thread

TMM

I don't see why we would need to buy Rooney.

Wenger has finally committed to bring through our young players, with Aliadiere and Bentley probably coming through in the next 2 years. With Henry, Reyes, Aliadiere, Van Persie, etc. we have a very pacey attacking presence, and I don't even think Rooney would fit into that.

I'd rather have Bentley.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would take Reyes over the 30-odd year old Zidane or Ronaldo who I don't think would fit into Arsenal's style of play as well as the players we have (not to mention his tendency to be injured). That's not to say Reyes is necessarily a better player now, but I think he's a far better prospect as he's so young, and fits into our style of play much better.

Must agree with what's been said though. 16 goals already, might put in my order for the end of season dvd now - looks like it'll be good viewing.

Edited by supergrass

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I don't think the real Ronaldo is that fantastic anyway, he's always been pretty overrated, like alot of brazillian players from past and present.

This season is going to be my favourite yet, Its already got off to a fantastic start, good starts for some of the smaller teams too, it adds a nice bit of variety. I can see myself being at Highbury alot more this season too, hoping for at least 1 game per month, my money doesn't seem too keen on the idea.

New shirt out on the 2nd aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Page 2!?! What the hell is this doing on PAGE 2!?!

Well, we got off to a decent start last night; a 1-0 isn't exactly what it should've been though. We should've demolished them. They didn't know what to do (in the first half) when we had the ball! We should've put at least 3 past 'em.

We should have been able to put more than one past them, but never seemed to step up a gear and the last few minuites where awkward, any other team might have scored, and I can't wait for campbel to come back Cygan makes me nervous.

That was a typical Arsenal home champion's league tie. I have got used to it now. We need a bigger pitch, European teams are much better organised defensivley and with our pitch being so small it helps defence way more than attack.

I think that is why all our big wins come away from home. I.E. Roma, Inter and PSV.

Henry was the only player that impressed me last night (and obviously one must bear in mind how little I know about the sport). As a North American fan I found it interesting to see DaMarcus Beasley in the lineup, even if he wasn't really a factor. Some great runs from Reyes, but he was ultimately uneffective. All in all not a bad match.

Guest Reyes Henry

Aaargh.. the 100% record comes to an end. Henry was brilliant as usual and so were Pires and Viera. Reyes could have played better and Bergkamp should've started the match instead of Gilberto. Cygan is not at all up to our standard and it was he who led us to a draw . Blocking Lehman time and time again.........

It comes to an end? I thought it was only when you got beaten?

Didn't see the game, but I knew Bolton would challenge Arsenal big time. I'm so surprised how there are quite a few new teams that are beggining to build there teams up and become a really strong side('Boro and Bolton mainly).

Hopefully Liverpool can take the points from United on monday and challenge Arsenal big time this season. I'd love to see a classic Arsenal/Liverpool match down the line and have it possibly decide who takes the edge over things.

Bergkamp should've started the match instead of Gilberto.

Not really. Because we needed Gilberto playing, who else would stay back every attack?

You don't leave out a player like Gilberto for a player like Bergkamp (position wise I mean). That wouldn't suit or system with one attacking player in the middle and one defensive.

Anway, I don't mind our 100% record coming to an end, so what? We are top, that is all I care about.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Brilliant game today, Ljungberg seems to be straying back to his excellent form from a few seasons ago, Reyes and Henry are connecting well too. Got some time to field some of our youth today aswell, these multi-goal victories are always nice.

I went to the game today, had a perfect view of the three second half goals :D

Henrys were just magical, I loved the 2nd smashing the underside of the bar, looks so spectacular when that happens.

We need to keep this thread alive guys, it is dead and then some.