EWR Mod Poll: Which are the most Important Companies?

Which companies do you think should be playable (America)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which companies do you think should be playable (America)

• WrestlePro
    • WWC
    • AAW
    • APW
    • Beyond Wrestlig
    • Chikara
    • Chaotic
    • CWFH
    • CZW
    • HOH
    • IWC
    • MCW
    • PWG
    • Shimmer
    • Wrestle Circus
  2. 2. Which American Companies should be in game Continued

• WWN (Evolve, Shine and FIP)
    • WXW-C4
    • WWE
    • ROH
    • Other: Comment Below
  3. 3. Canadian Companies that should be in game

• Impact
    • ECCW
    • Smash
    • Alpha-1
    • Superkick'd
    • PWA
    • CWE
    • LUCHA T.O.
    • IWS
  4. 4. Mexican Promotions

• CMLL
    • AAA
    • Crash
  5. 5. Should Non North-American Companies be in game?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Which British, European and Japanese Companies should be in game

• NJPW
    • AJPW
    • NOAH
    • DDT
    • Progress
    • Rev Pro
    • ICW
    • 5 star
    • wXw
    • Other Comment below

As Jmac said the basic game will most likely be WWE, Chikara, PWG, CZW, WWN, Shimmer, ROH, Impact, Smash, CMLL, AAA, and Crash. While, the more in-depth game will feature all of the above and AAW, Beyond, HOH, WrestleCircus, ECCW, Alpha-1, NJPW, AJPW, Noah, Progress, ICW, Rev Pro, wXw, and DDT. I am assuming that what this means is he will work on the more in-depth version of the game but will make an alternate version from that data for those who don't want to have non-north American companies in the game. This will accommodate both fan bases.

Also as a diary and match writer who uses EWR as a base, I have run into the issue of having multiple events per month. However, I don't worry about it due to the fact that I can simply use the 1 pay-per-view already set up to reflect any major changes such as titles changing hands, specialty matches and tournament finals. In regards to any other match I have planned, I simply write the match without booking it. This allows me to fit all of the matches/segments I have planned for my diary in that event. Also, another example is I have split WWE up into three different companies, RAW, SmackDown Live, and NXT. This allows me to control each brand via three different saves and allows me to do multiple events in any given month. 

So in regards to NJPW's multiple day events, there is a ton of ways you could work around it. Personally, I don't watch NJPW but I would love to see it put in the game as a playable company as it makes the game more realistic to the current wrestling industry as it is the #2 company in the industry today. I am a fan of EWR, not TEW, so I welcome any changes that Jmac puts into the game. If I have a problem with something later on, then we could discuss it but for the time being, let's see how it goes first before we criticize his decisions as he is willing to make the updates for the game and he should do so as he pleases.

• Like 1

What do you guys think is the promotion size ranks ignoring non-American promotions?

1 is obviously WWE, 2 is Impact or CMLL, 4 is AAA or ROH, 6 is PWG and then?

Edit: LU is probably there with ROH right?

Edit2: I also hope salaries for indy wrestlers are lowered alot because most of real promotions go bankrupt under a year and there is no way someone like Matt Sydal makes $40.000 per show, that's just ridiculous.

Edited by Sadboy

CMLL is the second biggest promotion in North America, with ROH probably coming in third, and Impact fourth. Whether that would be the best way to set it up in-game is another question, though, given that fewer people are likely to play as CMLL, the stats are less likely to be reliably up-to-date, and there's always the chance that setting them to be too big means they'll unrealistically sign up inappropriate US talent. Similarly, for game purposes, I'd probably shift Impact slightly ahead of ROH, though they're on more or less equal footing in real life.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 02:57, Sadboy said:

What do you guys think is the promotion size ranks ignoring non-American promotions?

1 is obviously WWE, 2 is Impact or CMLL, 4 is AAA or ROH, 6 is PWG and then?

Edit: LU is probably there with ROH right?

Edit2: I also hope salaries for indy wrestlers are lowered alot because most of real promotions go bankrupt under a year and there is no way someone like Matt Sydal makes $40.000 per show, that's just ridiculous.

IMHO:

1. WWE
  2. CMLL
  3. ROH
  4. TNA
  5. AAA
  6. New Japan (if it becomes full-time in US)
  7. LU (due to the TV)
  8. PWG
  9. CHIKARA