The Anime Thread

Ruki

...Okay, I have no idea what the fuck that was or why, but the political satire is both bizarre and awesome.

*goes to watch more*

Edited by stokeriño

Axis Powers Hetalia basically takes World War II and turns it into wai wai bishie fetish material for yaoi fangirls. It's probably one of the most polarizing series' to come out in a good while.

for yaoi fangirls

Whoa. WHOA.

I don't mind it treating serious matters like WW2 in hideously childish fashion (sounds a trainwreck, frankly), but that there's a bit too much for me. :shifty:

Well, I mean, I don't know if the series has outright slash, but the fact that 90% of the characters are male is a hint.

... and also just the fact that its fandom is terrifying.

EDIT: ... the anime, conversely, makes me wonder if the people who made Cromartie High School are responsible for this. What the fuck.

Okay, I've watched the four subbed episodes that seem to be available.

I'm still a little uneasy watching it, and apparently there's some depiction of Korea coming up which the Koreans themselves took offence at. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, given that Japan is already being portrayed a little glitzier than the other two.

...But I'm a sucker for "Italy are militarily shit" jokes. That's what I get for having done a War Studies degree - the whole damn place was awash with "Italy are militarily shit" jokes. >_<

One day you will learn that there is this line that yaoi will cross that is so hideous that it no longer matters whether it's gay or straight.

I cite one example involving a bottle of some alcohol or other being...emptied...inside a boy. The empty bottle was then left in prime position for other things. The girl who showed me this particular scene is a scary, scary girl.

I know 99% of anime will not approach this line, but that doesn't prevent me from being a little scared whenever anything is described as being "fetish material for yaoi fangirls". :shifty:

Soul Eater 48:

Black Star gets kicked in the nuts! That's about it.

Oh, AND SHINIGAMI IS DEAD! No hallucination mindfuck, no tricks from Shibusen. Shinigami is gone. Fucking gone. I had to pause right when Kid walks over to the body. I couldn't believe it! I mean, I guess this means Kid will be the new Shinigami but still, it's pretty sudden. Then Asura kills Arachne.

1236803065297.jpg

Death the Kid: What?! This is horrible! How can this be?! This isn't symmetrical at all! Idiot!

Edited by VinnyT

Soul Eater 49:

<div><div style="background: #B7E5CE;border: 1px dotted #000; border-bottom: 0; border-left: 4px solid #429E6F; color: #000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; margin: 8px auto 0 auto; padding: 3px;">Spoiler: Click here to view</div><div style="color: #000000; background: #FAFCFE; border: 1px dotted #000; border-left: 4px solid #429E6F; border-top: 0; padding: 4px; margin: 0 auto 8px auto;display:none;"> So.......I guess it's getting down to the end. Looks like we're getting a major final reveal on Soul soon, and possibly some foreshadowing on Krona's new weapon (Starts with "E", ends with "xcaliber") So....fun times.</div></div>

Edited by VinnyT

Trying to find a torrent of Cardcaptors Sakura? Impossible :crying:

Edit: But I have found a site that links to Megaupload individual episodes. Yay!

Edited by Ruki The Dragon Steamboat