2011 College Football Season

Wow, Ohio State. Way to really put the hammer down on yourself. :rolleyes:

I hope the NCAA laughs at their sad little self-imposed 'punishment' and slaps their ass with a real one.

You didn't really expect them to do anything meaningful after they originally started with a 2 "game" suspension for the sweater vest did you?

Not only that, but Tressel now doesn't pay the 250K fine.

Also, WV is hit with sanctions as well as both RichRod and Stewart were found to have violated compliance rules.

Also, UGA's Caleb King is ineligible so UGA will have to start Crowell, their 5* recruit at RB.

So with all these violations and everything thats coming out lately, think the NCAA will just hand down a death penalty to a school just to set an example? University of Oregon has had some pretty major violations come out recently

So with all these violations and everything thats coming out lately, think the NCAA will just hand down a death penalty to a school just to set an example? University of Oregon has had some pretty major violations come out recently

If they chose to go that route I'd say that it would end up being a smaller school than an OSU, Oregon, USC etc. that pays the ultimate penalty. I can't see any scenario where they just destroy a national powerhouse, given that certain schools pretty much drive the economics of their entire conference.

Actually, Oregon would still fit that bill despite the last 5yrs. They aren't the cash cow for the conference, especially now. However the NCAA won't touch anyone in the new PAC 12 right now. That'd be a straight buttfuck to themselves there.

The more that keeps coming out, the further back into a corner the NCAA will be pushed. The only thing I hate about it, is that the NCAA is just as crooked, bullshit, and criminal as the schools. In reality, the whole system should be shit canned and rebuilt from scratch.

Actually, Oregon would still fit that bill despite the last 5yrs. They aren't the cash cow for the conference, especially now. However the NCAA won't touch anyone in the new PAC 12 right now. That'd be a straight buttfuck to themselves there.

The more that keeps coming out, the further back into a corner the NCAA will be pushed. The only thing I hate about it, is that the NCAA is just as crooked, bullshit, and criminal as the schools. In reality, the whole system should be shit canned and rebuilt from scratch.

Well Oregon was just in the NC game and the whole Pac-12 thing makes them untouchable for the death penalty. The NCAA would never deliver that kind of punishment to an SEC team, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC or the most recent flavor of the month. Now if TCU or Boise State or someone of that ilk was cheating, they would be eviscerated because the NCAA doesn't make money off of them.

Eh, to me Oregon is treading the VT waters. Fantastic program, even popped a NT game, but still not "elite" and probably never will be.

I think the real problem the NCAA faces, is that they have to go with a big enough program to send the message to the "untouchable" schools, but at the same time can't really afford to send a TCU/Boise St to the cemetery with the way the landscape is shifting. Doing that to one of those schools (especially a top tier non-AQ) would be the death nail to the NCAA in terms of proving just how corrupt and bullshit it is at the top level.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/30612159

CBS ran the season through NCAA 12. Boise State makes the NC game, drops it to South Carolina. If that happened, Stephen Garcia would get busted for 18 different crimes against humanity or drink himself to death surrounded by 11 naked chicks.

Houston goes 12-0, kills USF in the Sugar Bowl, and Case Keenum fills the trophy case.

And somehow, Nebraska lost to Minnesota somewhere along the line. :wacko:

Guest J-Money808

Anyword on Hawaii in that simulation? Also I heard Tate forcier was looking at Hawaii as a possible transfer. Greg mcmackins take? "we are very happy with our qb situation". So instead of the possibility of a five star qb that was a top prospect conning out of high school you are gonna stick with your qbs you have? When your starter an bak up graduate this year? I'd say let the kid be a walk on, sit out this season due to NCAA rules, and let um compete for the spot in the 2013 season. He did play some games at Michigan so I don't see it as that bad a deal.

Guest J-Money808

Forcier probably is crap but he was thrown into a system that he's not used to when rich rod was coach at Michigan. Sure hawaiis offense is similar in it being a spread it isn't a spread option offense like rich rod installs. And with moniz and his backup graduating this year it wouldnt not help to at least have a guy that played ball at a bcs school. McMackin is a jackass if he doesn't give the guy a chance at least as a walk on.

Edited by J-Money808

Guest J-Money808

Either way if he did go to Hawaii he would still have to compete for the starting job. Hawaiis back ups aren't that shitty. Some actually did good in the season opener against USC.

Can't believe nobody is talking about the biggest move this year: Russell Wilson to Wisconsin. Holy fuck that's huge.

Georgia Tech joins the parade now. 4yrs probation, stripped of their '09 ACC Title Game appearance (and the last two games of the season) and a 100K fine (issues with the basketball team as well). Football issues stem from 312$ worth of clothes that Demaryius Thomas received from a former GT QB that was working for an agent. It got worse when athletic director Dan Radakovich broke NCAA rules by alerting (HC) Paul Johnson that Thomas and safety Morgan Burnett would be interviewed by the NCAA. Coached 'em up on answers.

Guest J-Money808

Because Hawaii or moreso June jones always gave troubled college players a chance to succeed. Look at Pisa tinoisama and davone bess and in the interview forcier did he said he's considering going to Hawaii. McMackin didn't say he wanted him he said he's happy with his qb situation.