Ice Cream, Jr.

Marion Fontaine

Lance Steel II

Jolly Roger

Kimber Lee

Eric Corvis

Leech Landa

Shynron

But probably most of this are not in the DB.....

We need stats for the the Colony XF, the Ice Creams, Leech Landa, Nokken (due to none of the Spanish accents being in the game), Oliver, Qeefa, Shynron (though I think they were given several months ago), Snow Troll, Thunder Frog and all of the Bloc Party.

Leech Landa is Cheeseburger according to Cagematch so if someone can make up stats for Cheeseburger, just make Leech Landa an alter ego.

Also the Jervis Cottonbelly in the game is not the current Jervis Cottonbelly so we would need new stats for him.

Regarding Sin Cara's AAA name - We'll worry about changing it when he actually wrestles in AAA... No sense in changing it until we know that we're making the correct change.

Apparently the new name is set. It is Myzteziz (pronounced as Miztiz.) Luchablog and reliable lucha news poster Kris Z confirmed that based on an AAA press conference.

Edited by mkpunk

Also the Jervis Cottonbelly in the game is not the current Jervis Cottonbelly so we would need new stats for him.

I have mentioned this many times in the TEW threads, unless you really want him included I'd just change te English Cottonbelly to American, he only makes very rare appearances under the gimmick once a year maybe plus they are mostly on UK shows so your not really losing a talent.

Simple solution - the English "Jervis Cottonbelly" is TJ Cain and all but definitely retired, so rename him to TJ Cain, and add the current Jervis Cottonbelly, who actually does use the gimmick, under that name.

That said, is it definitely a different guy? I was under the impression it was, but there are things the current Jervis has said that suggest otherwise. It could just be that he's gone to great pains to keep up the pretence, but still...

• Like 1

I have mentioned this many times in the TEW threads, unless you really want him included I'd just change te English Cottonbelly to American, he only makes very rare appearances under the gimmick once a year maybe plus they are mostly on UK shows so your not really losing a talent.

The original (the English) one cottonbelly is someone else who stopped wrestling in July 2013 (after a three year layoff) while the new (the American) one went full time in 2012 wrestling mainly for CHIKARA based promotions.

Simple solution - the English "Jervis Cottonbelly" is TJ Cain and all but definitely retired, so rename him to TJ Cain, and add the current Jervis Cottonbelly, who actually does use the gimmick, under that name.

That said, is it definitely a different guy? I was under the impression it was, but there are things the current Jervis has said that suggest otherwise. It could just be that he's gone to great pains to keep up the pretence, but still...

I look at it this way, we have seen actors like James Garfield (a Brit) be Spiderman and Henry Cavillle (another Brit) be Superman and mask their accents. I can see someone learning the mannerisms and voice style of an Englishman like Jervis. I mean do you think Dasher Hatfield really speaks like a 1920's baseball player?

CHIKARA notes:

Chuck Taylor, Jimmy Jacobs and Eddie Kingston are all currently maxed out. I guess Taylor can be removed from FWE (don't think he does House of Hardcore), Kingston also has FWE (on House of Hardcore shows) but because he wrestles regularly elsewhere, I say remove from FWE and Jacobs can be removed from JCW (last wrestled for them in December 2013)

WWE notes:

Adam Rose should at least have 62 for his overness, (he should not be on the level of Xavier Woods.)

Alexa Bliss should have 450 Splash as her primary finisher.

Brodus Clay's Call My Momma Splash should be called Splat!

Camacho should have Running Powerslam as his primary finisher and Running Samoan Drop as his secondary finisher.

Charlotte's secondary finisher should be Figure Four Leglock.

Deactivate Cody and Goldust.

Damien Sandow should have Silencer as his secondary finisher.

Emma's Cobra should be renamed Ven-Emma.

Erick Rowan should have Waist Lock Side Slam as his secondary finisher.

why is Eve Torres under an open WWE deal?

Jason Jordan should have Olympic Slam as his primary finisher.

Logan Shulo should be under a WWE developmental deal.

JCW Updates:

2 Tuff Tony is the current JCW Heavyweight champion.

Add Aaron Williams to JCW

Remove Adam Pearce

Remove Breyer Wellington

Remove Bull Pain

Add Damian Wayne to JCW

Add Eric Darkstrom to JCW

Add Eric Ryan to JCW

Add Facade to JCW

Add Gory to JCW

Add Heidi Lovelace to JCW

Add Jake Omen to JCW

Add Kharn Alexander to JCW.

Add Krimson to JCW

Add Lance Erikson to JCW

Remove Mickie Knuckles

Add Paredyse to JCW.

Remove Rhino to JCW

Add Ron Mathis to JCW

Remove Sabu

Remove The Man of 1,000 Gimmicks from JCW.

Remove Tracy Smothers

Remove U-Gene

Add Viking to JCW

Other notes:

Add Jesus Perez and Jesus De Leon as alter egos for Mr. 450. Add Michinoku Pro as a touring commitment.

I am working on some CHIKARA stats and I came across this one from an older update for Shynron:

Add Shenron

Shenron

Dragon Spirit
Male,August ,23/guess)
Lightweight
http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/3771d87cf6shenron.png
Nationality: American
B 48
S 69
T 62
Stiff 55
Sell 75
Over 8
Charisma 54
Att 90
Behav 90

Finishers:Dragon Twist(Top Rope)
Double Moonsault(Top Rope)

Check High Spots, SS Look
Face, Luchadore $4000
Add Charade,Jacob McCarter, Shynron as Alter egos
Loyalty with AR Fox and Jonathan Gresham

I would raise Shynron's speed to 78 and over to 18.

I have found old stats for Los Ice Cream (removed after CHIKARA closed for whatever reason) I adjusted stats just a little bit.

Hijo Del Ice Cream

Male, Unknown, 25 (Guess)
Lightweight
http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/cd3e26ed2bhijohd.jpg
B 32
S 64
T 58
Stiff 50
Sell 75
Over 30
Charisma 70
Att 80
Behav 80

Finishers:Primary: Cold Stone Stunner (Impact) Secondary: Asesino (Impact)

Check High Spots
Tweener, Comedy Character $4000

Ice Cream Jr.

Ice Cream Jr.

Male, Unknown, 25 (Guess)
Lightweight
http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/a46295a7dcjuniorhd.jpg
B 35
S 65
T 55
Stiff 50
Sell 75
Over 30
Charisma 70
Att 80
Behav 80

Finishers:Primary: Jack And Jill Hammer (Impact) Secondary: Sprinkle Bomb (Impact)

Check High Spots
Tweener, Comedy Character $4000

Japanese Touring Commitment updates.

Set Anthony W. Mori to None and make him a non-worker. (retired in 2010)

Set Black Buffalo to None

Set brother YAASHI to Zero1 and make him a midcarder

Set Daisuke Harada to NOAH

Set Quiet Storm to NOAH

Set Tadasuke to None (he's moved to America)

Set Taku Iwasa to None and make him a non-worker. (retired in 2012 due to injuries)

Set TARU to Zero1

Set Tigers Mask to Big Japan

Set Zeus to All Japan

Quick FWE/HOH roster update after this weekend's House of Hardcore shows.

Add the following to FWE under the HOH roster split:
Abyss (heel)
Adam Pearce (heel)
AJ Styles (face)
Christopher Daniels (tweener)
CW Anderson (tweener)
Drew Gulak (heel)
Gangrel (face)
Kazarian (tweener)
Shane Helms (face)
Wolfie D (tweener) - rename to Cerebus

Chris Hero also worked these HOH events, but already has three promotions.

Remove the following from the company:
2 Cold Scorpio (last appeared 6/13)
Amber O'Neal (last appeared 11/13)
Devon Storm (last appeared 6/13)
Doc Gallows (last appeared 11/13)
Matt Hardy (last appeared 11/13)
Montel Vontavious Porter (last appeared 11/13)
Reby Sky (last appeared 11/13)
Rick Steiner (last appeared 6/13)
Scott Steiner (last appeared 6/13)
Sean Waltman (last appeared 11/13)
Stevie Richards (last appeared 11/13)
Tara (last appeared 11/13)

HOH has another show coming up next week, so I'll do any further updates necessary then, and maybe look at doing the company conversion then too (I'll see if I can dig up anything on FWE's current status in the meantime; nothing came to light at the show I went to, but FWIW other than Jordan Schneider doing commentary I didn't see any other FWE staff there).

Also, some other minor tweaks:

-Rename A-One to A1
-Change Brittany's gimmick to Obsessed Fan and make her a tweener
-Make Buck Quartermain a non-wrestler (retired 2013 per Cagematch)
-Make Cedric Alexander's primary finisher "Lumbar Check" (impact) and secondary "Overtime" (top rope)
-Change Crazzy Steve's gimmick to Clown
-Rename D'Angelo Dinero to Elijah Burke
-Make Dewey Barnes a face
-Make Ethan Carter III's primary finisher "One Percenter" (as opposed to "One Percent")
-Swap Fronz Roddy's finishers (Aus Crusher primary; Spear secondary)
-Add Gail Kim-Irvine as an alter-ego for Gail Kim
-Rename GOKU-DO to Pat Tanaka
-Rename Goodlord Willing to Good Lord Willing
-Change Jon Rekon's name to Strong Man (last match as Rekon in April 2013)
-Change Magnus' gimmick to Old School Heel or Bad Ass
-Change Samuel Shaw's gimmick to Psycho
-Remove Scarlett Bordeaux as Truth Martini's manager in ROH
-Change Spellbinder's name to Phantasio (per Cagematch, used the name in his most recent match in 2012; last match as Spellbinder was 2001)
-Rename Tara to Lisa Marie Varon
-Rename Wolfie D to Cerebus

-Activate Headbangers (per Cagematch, active as a team as of April 2014)
-Deactivate Angelina and Katarina
-Deactivate Bobby Roode and Kazarian
-Deactivate New Orleans Fight Club

-Change the relationship of Joey Kaos Munoz and Sylvia to Love (married)

Edited by Dan B.

Quick note on the TV Networks and potentially tweaking them, to fit the game a bit better:

Currently, there are 55 Networks in the game. Is that many really necessary? Obviously, I dunno how others play, but I'm gonna guess that there are some networks that are probably never used in the game and others that really, to be honest, don't belong.

My first suggestion would be to cut 5 networks out of the file, giving us an even 50 to work with. The ones I'd suggest are:

ABC, CBS, NBC - To the best of my knowledge, pro wrestling has never appeared on ABC or CBS. Currently, the only time it appears on NBC is for the summertime partial presentation of WrestleMania (usually done around SummerSlam, IIRC) and the "Tribute to the Troops" show (if that still airs on there). Personally, I don't think that's enough to justify a wrestling promotion in EWR snagging a weekly deal with them. On top of that, we'd be eliminating 3 of the 4 networks in game capable of getting the 8.0 (highest possible) rating.

Showtime and HBO - Two more networks who, to the best of my knowledge, have never aired a pro wrestling broadcast. They both air boxing and HBO has featured wrestling on it's "Real Sports" show, but those aren't wrestling "shows."

Cutting those 5 would knock the total number of networks down to 50. Next, Fox (the other network capable of getting an 8.0) would be converted into Fox Sports 1, adjusting the potential audience and maximum risk similar to those currently in CBS Sports Network and NBC Sports Network.

IMO, those are the first steps that should be taken. After that, we could work on lowering some of the potential audience on all of the networks, potentially removing even more networks along the way (has wrestling ever been on networks like Nickelodeon and Comedy Central...?).

The problem with just adjusting one or two networks is that it would artificially inflate other networks' value. Simply dropping USA Network to lower than 7.0 in prime time won't change the fact that TNT can get a 6.88 in that slot (which is also unrealistic in the wrestling landscape today). I also don't want to do too much too fast, as I'm not sure how all of this would be reflected in game. In other words, I don't want people getting "fired" 3 months into their game because Sophie says you should get a 5.0, when we've adjusted all of the networks so that a 5.0 isn't even possible. In short, I dunno if Sophie's suggestions are based on what is possible in the TV Networks file, or if the expectations are "hardwired" into the game, based on where your promotion sits. If it's the latter, monkeying with the file too much could seriously affect gameplay.

So, unless anyone objects, I'll probably cut the number of networks down to 50 for the July Update, using the method I described above. This won't hurt anything, gameplay-wise... People just won't be able to get an 8.0 rating anymore, which isn't realistic these days anyway.

After that, I'd probably look for a few people to work with in overhauling the entire file, to get it as realistic as possible, without affecting gameplay. I'd want a few others involved, so that the "updated" file could be used and tested before releasing it in an actual update. What would likely be the best way to discuss that would be to create a separate thread for just that topic, while keeping other update discussion in here. That way, anyone could participate in the discussion, but the entire update thread isn't filled with just network discussion.

Any other ideas on this are welcome, as usual, but I think this is probably the best way to go.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 1

ABC used to air wrestling in primetime in the early days of tv when it was still the DuMont network.

Nickolodeon has aired a joke wrestling federation a couple years ago during commercial breaks called WHACK.

Comedy Central has been in previous talks with LuchaVaVoom several years ago when interest in lucha was at it's modern time peak (2005-07).

Quick note on the TV Networks and potentially tweaking them, to fit the game a bit better:

Currently, there are 55 Networks in the game. Is that many really necessary? Obviously, I dunno how others play, but I'm gonna guess that there are some networks that are probably never used in the game and others that really, to be honest, don't belong.

My first suggestion would be to cut 5 networks out of the file, giving us an even 50 to work with. The ones I'd suggest are:

ABC, CBS, NBC - To the best of my knowledge, pro wrestling has never appeared on ABC or CBS. Currently, the only time it appears on NBC is for the summertime partial presentation of WrestleMania (usually done around SummerSlam, IIRC) and the "Tribute to the Troops" show (if that still airs on there). Personally, I don't think that's enough to justify a wrestling promotion in EWR snagging a weekly deal with them. On top of that, we'd be eliminating 3 of the 4 networks in game capable of getting the 8.0 (highest possible) rating.

Showtime and HBO - Two more networks who, to the best of my knowledge, have never aired a pro wrestling broadcast. They both air boxing and HBO has featured wrestling on it's "Real Sports" show, but those aren't wrestling "shows."

Cutting those 5 would knock the total number of networks down to 50. Next, Fox (the other network capable of getting an 8.0) would be converted into Fox Sports 1, adjusting the potential audience and maximum risk similar to those currently in CBS Sports Network and NBC Sports Network.

IMO, those are the first steps that should be taken. After that, we could work on lowering some of the potential audience on all of the networks, potentially removing even more networks along the way (has wrestling ever been on networks like Nickelodeon and Comedy Central...?).

The problem with just adjusting one or two networks is that it would artificially inflate other networks' value. Simply dropping USA Network to lower than 7.0 in prime time won't change the fact that TNT can get a 6.88 in that slot (which is also unrealistic in the wrestling landscape today). I also don't want to do too much too fast, as I'm not sure how all of this would be reflected in game. In other words, I don't want people getting "fired" 3 months into their game because Sophie says you should get a 5.0, when we've adjusted all of the networks so that a 5.0 isn't even possible. In short, I dunno if Sophie's suggestions are based on what is possible in the TV Networks file, or if the expectations are "hardwired" into the game, based on where your promotion sits. If it's the latter, monkeying with the file too much could seriously affect gameplay.

So, unless anyone objects, I'll probably cut the number of networks down to 50 for the July Update, using the method I described above. This won't hurt anything, gameplay-wise... People just won't be able to get an 8.0 rating anymore, which isn't realistic these days anyway.

After that, I'd probably look for a few people to work with in overhauling the entire file, to get it as realistic as possible, without affecting gameplay. I'd want a few others involved, so that the "updated" file could be used and tested before releasing it in an actual update. What would likely be the best way to discuss that would be to create a separate thread for just that topic, while keeping other update discussion in here. That way, anyone could participate in the discussion, but the entire update thread isn't filled with just network discussion.

Any other ideas on this are welcome, as usual, but I think this is probably the best way to go.

-Bill

I agree with that. NBC only airs a one hour tribute to the troops show so it could help slow down things.

I would also suggest changing Global and E! to something else. Is Global supposed to be some other network? E! only does wrestling if it's Total Divas or The Soup so I don't think they would have a proper wrestling show. I know in a few months AAA will have an American off-shoot on the El Rey Network so perhaps that can replace one.

Mexican notes:

Staff member Rafa El Maya should be renamed Rafael El Maya is now a referee for AAA.

Dragon Lee II (stats were given last month) should have Power Plex as his finisher. It is the Phoenix Plex Kota Ibushi uses so make it an impact move.

Heichero has a Cristo Camel Clutch as his finisher, it would be submission.

La Sombra beat Volador Jr. to win the NWA Historic Welterweight title.

ABC used to air wrestling in primetime in the early days of tv when it was still the DuMont network.

From the few minutes of research I did just now, ABC and Dumont were competitors until a proposed merger in late 1954... The last pro wrestling show to be aired on Network TV (Until SNME in the 80's) ended it's run in March, 1955. So, if ABC did ever air pro wrestling, it was very briefly under a merger (which I'm not sure if it happened or not, to be honest) and was nearly 60 years ago...

Nickolodeon has aired a joke wrestling federation a couple years ago during commercial breaks called WHACK.

Comedy Central has been in previous talks with LuchaVaVoom several years ago when interest in lucha was at it's modern time peak (2005-07).

Fair enough. I just was looking through the networks in the game currently and those were two that jumped out to me.

The only move I'm looking to make this month would be to pull ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO and Showtime and convert FOX to Fox Sports 1... Those are moves that I'm pretty certain won't hurt gameplay at all.

I would also suggest changing Global and E! to something else. Is Global supposed to be some other network? E! only does wrestling if it's Total Divas or The Soup so I don't think they would have a proper wrestling show. I know in a few months AAA will have an American off-shoot on the El Rey Network so perhaps that can replace one.

I assume Global is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Television_Network

Dunno how much wrestling they air now, but they did air the WWE version of ECW back in 2009, according to the wiki.

As I said before, I wanna be careful abut doing too much too soon. I don't wanna pull a junkload of networks just because they have never aired wrestling, because, if that were the criteria, there might not be enough networks for the game to run properly, in all honesty.

Like I said above, the current plan is to make the adjustments above, getting the number down to 50, unless someone has a good reason as to why we shouldn't (and I honestly can't think of one currently). After that, we can have the discussion on if we want to cut more networks (as long as it doesn't interfere with game playability) or simply change the network names in some cases to better fit in the year 2014.

-Bill

From the few minutes of research I did just now, ABC and Dumont were competitors until a proposed merger in late 1954... The last pro wrestling show to be aired on Network TV (Until SNME in the 80's) ended it's run in March, 1955. So, if ABC did ever air pro wrestling, it was very briefly under a merger (which I'm not sure if it happened or not, to be honest) and was nearly 60 years ago...

Fair enough. I just was looking through the networks in the game currently and those were two that jumped out to me.

The only move I'm looking to make this month would be to pull ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO and Showtime and convert FOX to Fox Sports 1... Those are moves that I'm pretty certain won't hurt gameplay at all.

I assume Global is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Television_Network

Dunno how much wrestling they air now, but they did air the WWE version of ECW back in 2009, according to the wiki.

As I said before, I wanna be careful abut doing too much too soon. I don't wanna pull a junkload of networks just because they have never aired wrestling, because, if that were the criteria, there might not be enough networks for the game to run properly, in all honesty.

Like I said above, the current plan is to make the adjustments above, getting the number down to 50, unless someone has a good reason as to why we shouldn't (and I honestly can't think of one currently). After that, we can have the discussion on if we want to cut more networks (as long as it doesn't interfere with game playability) or simply change the network names in some cases to better fit in the year 2014.

-Bill

Fair enough, I was just saying swap E! with El Rey just because El Rey will have an AAA product in the fall (it was one of the corner-stone programs during the initial launch press releases) and E! only really does Total Divas and The Soup (which only sometimes has wrestling clips in with the other programming they lampoon.) Also ratings wise, it looks like it would be similar.

More Updates:

To make an edit to the Takaaki Watanabe stats, I'd raise his overness to 30 and change his birthmonth to January and his age to 27.

Psycho Clown's primary finisher should be Psycho Destroyer and his secondary finisher should be Psycho Cerebro Driver.

Ultimo Gladiador is the new Infierno Rocker Demon Rocker. I would rename him an change his gimmick to glam rocker. credit: Cagematch and Luchawiki

Unlike what I posted last month keep Bengala (the CMLL one) and Sombra De Plata seperate. While Luchawiki does list them the same person, Cagematch does not: Bengala, Sombra De Plata

Rocky Lobo's primary and secondary finishers should be Lobo Driver.

Nino Hamburgesa should have Hamburgesa Splash as his primary and secondary finishers (both top rope.)

Remove Los Mirreyes as a stable, they rarely teamed together.

Niebla Roja's Cristo Faceslam should be renamed to Furia Roja

Poder Mexica should be renamed to Pierroth III.

Mistico II should have La Mistica (submission) as his primary finisher and Estrella Fugaz (top rope) as his secondary finisher. Raise his age to 21 (born in 1992)

I would remove Devil Rocker and Toscano from AAA. Devil last wrestled for them in May of last year and Toscano last wrestled there in December of last year.

Rename Muerte Roja II to Emo Xtreme.

I still think that lowering the possible TV ratings is a poor choice - as it's going to change the way that the game works. I'd stick with values similar to those that Adam originally had, otherwise you might end up with instances where National and Global feds can't get the ratings to support themselves.

The changes proposed aren't too bad but it's something to keep in mind. A 8.0 rating in game isn't equal to one in real life, etc.

Thanks Bill!

-Raise Monsta Mac's speed to 34 and stiffness to 56. Check High Spots.

-Raise LA Par-K's charisma to 87.

-Lower Ultimo Dragon's stiffness to 49. Check Fonz Factor. Switch his Primary and Secondary finishers.

-Raise Rick Cataldo's brawl to 46, speed to 24, technical to 25, stiffness to 43, selling to 62, charisma to 67, and overness to 33.
-Raise Hania's brawl to 57, speed to 72, technical to 53, overness to 36, and stiffness to 41.

-Remove Jessie Brooks from CZW/WSU. Rename to Bonesaw Jessie Brooks. Change finishers to T-Bone Suplex (Impact) and Rat Trap (Submission).
-Raise Cherry Bomb's brawl to 47, technical to 53, charisma to 76, and overness to 41.

-Raise Amber Rodriguez's brawl to 32, speed to 44, selling to 56, overness to 19, and charisma to 58.

-Raise La Rosa Negra's brawl to 63, speed to 56, technical to 54, overness to 39, and charisma to 81.

-Raise Sumie Sakai's brawl to 62, technical to 65, and charisma to 68.

-Raise Jessie Belle's brawl to 45, stiffness to 38, selling to 52, charisma to 61, and overness to 29.

-Raise Kacee Carlisle's brawl to 68, selling to 72, overness to 38, and charisma to 71.

Thanks Bill!

-Raise LA Par-K's charisma to 87.

I would keep him at 80. he is physically charismatic and can speak (in Spanish) but I wouldn't say he should be near the top of charismatic workers.

Delete 3MB as a stable (I doubt there will be a 3MB without Drew and Jinder.)