NHL 15

apsham

By all means, crack on complaining. My view point is bias anyway as I never use any mode in a sports game but franchise/career mode. My frustration stems from this kind of argument stemming from the same premise as the customers always right, etc. All a load of nonsense. Its a transaction between equal parties, not unequals. As if a customer somehow is given the business something and getting fuck all in return.

So, about that game that comes out next Tuesday....

I'm exicted for it at least :rolleyes: pre ordered the ultimate edition for the extra $40 worth of cards for HUT that you get usually on a weekly basis, at least in previous versions. Big boost for your team overall. Can't wait to play HUT and start a season with the Leafs as usual. :w00t:

• Like 1

So, editing players is out this year. There's no ability to do your own drafting in Be-a-GM, and you can't play the AHL games either to see how your minor league players handle/perform.

I'm going to be cancelling my pre-order on this, as I mainly play Be-a-GM, and update my own rosters/goalie equipment. For me, this is no longer worth my $70.

It's possible that some of the things that I'm disappointed about are going to be patched in, and at that point, maybe EA gets my money. For the time being though, I'm going to have to pass on this.

WELP.

I'm sorry, but I honestly see no excuse for that shit. The EASHL thing is what it is. But taking out REALLY, really basic functionality from THE mode for PS4 and Xbone because you've axed all your other modes is fucking insane. I also edit players, and the auto-drafting in Be a GM makes no fucking sense to me at all.

I had my opinions that people (rightly) disagreed with, but that's the final fucking blow. Like I said, I was pretty put off by stuff like EASHL being axed from the game, but I could have dealt with it because I could still play Be a GM and the gameplay was fine. But if they've neutered a good deal of what made Be a GM appealing to me, then I'm definitely out until they put it in with a patch, or something.

The presentation was winning me over and I'd started to come around on the gameplay a bit more after playing the demo for a few more days, but if the one mode I'd now play for this year is basic as shit, then I don't care how good the gameplay is, really. I needed a reason to stick around with the game, and that was a fully-featured Be a GM mode.

Link/proof? 'Cause I wanna believe this isn't true.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP

The (kinda) dream was nice while it lasted. I was trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt closer to release after re-reading this thread, but I just... fucking nope. I honestly might just get the XBox 360 version in a few months if friends are playing it. This was going to be, at most, a game I'd play quite a bit until FIFA was out, and then WWE, but now... I just eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I might even get it when it's severely marked down over Christmas or something, but I definitely cannot justify $70 for this now.

It also grosses me the fuck out that we had to find out about this via people playing the early access version of the game. This team should have owned up to their shit, because at least then I wouldn't feel like I was legitimately getting duped by them. Had this stuff not come out, I would have probably got the game on Tuesday, come home, taken a look at the lack of edit player/Be a GM trainwreck and felt ripped off.

Haven't played the demo yet but my friend has told me they essentially took most dekes out, and it auto does a one touch deke if you try to toe drag, etc.

Sad to see they've essentially stripped down the game to bare bones for this first version on the new systems. I didn't expect a complete port over from the last consoles as that's an unrealistic expectation (and had realized this with the early releases especially last year of Madden, NBA, Fifa) however I expected this extra time would give them a little bit more in terms of what this game was ultimately going to be.

It's shitty because usually this is one of EA's best development teams in my opinion (I'm sure Fifa is great too but I don't follow the series as close so I couldn't gauge this) but they clearly aren't explaining something here. It's been clearly hidden for a while now with little to no updates about the game other than some screens of all the new arenas, great....

My whole group of friends, myself included always all buy this game yearly. Not many of my friends have the new consoles but it will be interesting to see if and how long this game lasts for us this year.

I actually think the deking system is fine, and you've got a lot more versatility and moves to work with once you get used to it.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/760010/nhl-15-might-be-missing-more-than-we-anticipated-xb1ps4/

Modes/Features

• No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

• No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights

Be A GM

• Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games

Be A Pro

• No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game

Ultimate Team

• Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app

But that deking shit doesn't matter, because mmmmmmmmmmannnnnnnnnnnnnn is that ever depressing.

• Like 2

I was semi-interested in picking up NHL as I do love sports game but wow, they've pretty much released the most barebones game they possibly could. Considering Madden/FIFA/NBA (2k and Live) are onto the second games this gen and MLB released months ago, they really don't have an excuse for that.

I'm not even going to bother trying the EA access version, plenty of good games coming out and I get NFS free tomorrow with access.

Shit.

NHL is usually a must buy for me. It still might be. I was excited for this, but now I feel like buying it for full price is telling EA that I am ok with less features as long as the game looks pretty.

This is why competition is needed. If I want to play video game hockey in 2014, I have no other options on the PS4.

• Like 1

Yeah that's pretty much my dilemma, gonna just risk it and trade it in really quick if it really is truly that unbearable! None of these features are a full 100% breaking point for me, but it's clear what has happened here and it's disappointing