Anybody hearing anything new and exciting lately?

VerbalPuke

I love Spotify. It's like having this magic music box that turns you on to new bands and genres, it's such a wonderful thing. As much as people bitch and moan that new music sucks, and that there isn't good music anymore, they fail to realize that right now is a great time to be a music fan. Imagine if you will, 4.99 gets you as much fucking music as you can handle, probably more than you'll ever know or need. In fact, it sort of pains me knowing there are probably great bands I may never hear of in my life. But even still, just because the radio isn't playing the exciting stuff doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Ok well anyway, this doesn't have to be new music, as in 2015. Just new to you. What have you heard lately that is really tickling your taint?

The first band, I've become enamored with these guys. I heard them and thought "holy shit, it's the spiritual successor to the Gun Club, I found it". Turns out, they were heavily influenced by the Gun Club and even covered Fire Spirit. So this band is 16 Horsepower and they're just fucking great man. They got the sorta spooky ass country thing going, just really nicely done all around.

Then there was this band Gothic Tropic I found via youtube, I was actually searching for a demo of a guitar pedal. Turns out this band uses it and had their own youtube review so I decided to check them out. They had to be cool if they were rolling with a Rainbow Machine right? They were cool, real fucking cool. I guess they're sort of an indie psychedelic sorta band? Not sure.

Shit, I think that's my limit for videos. Anyway, there's also a band called The Builders and Butchers, they're cool. I think it was them that lead me to 16 Horsepower.

And Entrance is solid.

Nothing But Thieves - reminds me of Muse meets QOTSA

Jamie Lawson - just signed to Ed Sheeran's record label. Not actually listened to the full album yet but I've heard 5 or 6 songs and they're all pretty decent.

And obviously there's Royal Blood but I think everyone knows about them now.

• Like 1

Okay, so for the first time in forever I heard an RnB song on the radio that I actually really like.  I vibe to this a lot now.

I'm also getting super into Open Mike Eagles, so if you like silly but kind of thoughtful rap then check him out.  Here's him performing one of my favorite songs of his in a laundromat. 

This could easily go in the 2015 music thread, but if you want something new and exciting the Grimes album is out of this world and just so interesting. How she thought to put some of these elements together. Every song just has these really weird touches - California is the only pop song I would say has elements of country and k-pop.