Help me figure out my hip-hop cross stitch project.

K

Yeah I thought about that too but realistically, like with Azelia Banks, what has she done in terms of hip-hop to change the game is how I look at it. I mean mostly she's beefed with people over weird shit is how I recognize her. By that measure and just her sheer popularity I have to rethink cutting Nicki though. I dunno. Some of those cuts I'm rethinking <_<

also, it's mental that Jean Grae is 40. You forget just how long she's really been around.

32 minutes ago, K said:

They're there.

I haven't no. I'll check it out man, thanks very much.

I dunno why but for some reason I was looking for their real names...nevermind!

10 hours ago, Blaine ClouDeBeers said:

Sidebar: have you seen Hip-Hop Evolution on Netflix? I think you'd like it if you haven't.

I read about this on the Guardian website this morning. I'm not going to watch something that's so basic it appears on the Guardian website. :/

On 21/08/2017 at 02:28, Blaine ClouDeBeers said:

Yeah I thought about that too but realistically, like with Azelia Banks, what has she done in terms of hip-hop to change the game is how I look at it. I mean mostly she's beefed with people over weird shit is how I recognize her. By that measure and just her sheer popularity I have to rethink cutting Nicki though. I dunno. Some of those cuts I'm rethinking <_<

also, it's mental that Jean Grae is 40. You forget just how long she's really been around.

This what i got so far..

IMG_20170824_074020313.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/08/2017 at 01:34, Your Cloud And Mine said:

I think stitching where they're associated with is fair play. Hip-hop's origins in New York are undeniably important and even if some of these guys aren't from Queens or the Bronx or wherever, it's where they started or where they were first noticed, so "associated with" seems fair. I'd just be sure to note that, yeah, I know Kool Herc is from Jamaica, but he invented hip-hop in the Bronx and that's why you've drawn a line from him to there.

Hey cloud, just wanted to thank you for your help with this project. Here's a really bad picture of the finished version. This thing is getting featured in a magazine and those guys will take a proper picture of it then.

But yeah, this is basically what I went with. The pattern I've submitted to the magazine fixes a few alignment issues and makes it all a bit more attractive.

But yeah, cheers dude.

IMG-20171003-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...