apparently i'm well into movies about cooking right now

K

Here are some movies about cooking that I have watched on Netflix recently.

Dough

Dough1.jpg

Nat Dayan, the owner of a Jewish bakery, hires African immigrant Ayyash Habimana to work in the shop. Ayyash drops marijuana into the dough to hide it, but then the marijuana gets mixed in.

Burnt

burnt-movie-759.jpg

Adam Jones (Bradley Cooper) was once a top chef in Paris until drugs and alcohol led to a meltdown that put his career on hold. After moving from New Orleans to London, Adam gets a shot at redemption when his former maitre d' (Daniel Brühl) reluctantly hires him as the head chef of his fine-dining restaurant. 

Julie & Julia

07julie600.jpg

Frustrated with a soul-killing job, New Yorker Julie Powell (Amy Adams) embarks on a daring project: she vows to prepare all 524 recipes in Julia Childs' landmark cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." Intertwined with Julie's story is the true tale of how Julia Child (Meryl Streep) herself conquered French cuisine with passion, fearlessness, and plenty of butter.

Chef

Screen-Shot-2014-05-25-at-9.38.34-AM.png

After a controlling owner (Dustin Hoffman) pushes him too far, chef Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) quits his position at a prestigious Los Angeles restaurant. As he tries to figure out what his next step should be, he finds himself in Miami. Carl joins forces with his ex-wife (Sofía Vergara), best friend (John Leguizamo) and son (Emjay Anthony) to launch a food-truck business, and the venture provides a chance to reignite his passion for cooking -- as well as his zest for life and love.

Any other good cooking movies I should watch?

58 minutes ago, K said:

Oh I also watched today's special which is a movie about a failing Indian restaurant

I'm pretty sure that was a Canadian TV show where a woman with no social life would get a puppet mouse to bring a mannequin to life every night at work so she could have friends.

• Like 1