Hot/Controversial/Bad takes

Liam

17 hours ago, DMN said:

I've always been a fan of the grind, just mindlessly doing fights and exploration while watching videos or listening to podcasts. As a kid I'd listen to sports talk radio and grind Final Fantasy battles. I've never been much good at real precise games, like FPS, I'm only good on the sticks with sports games, so story driven experiences with lots of shit to kill, collect, and explore, and if they're based on real history or have interesting world building, even better. 

I totally get where you're coming from, though. There definitely has been somewhat of a dearth of non-FPS games with tight, technical gameplay. 

I guess that is ultimately what I look for in games in a real precise game. Comes down to spending hundreds of hours playing Mario as a kid and TFC and CS in my teens. If I hit A, I want to know that the exact action I intend to occur does. So many games have floaty or inconsistent inputs. 

• Like 1