OOTP XX

Draevyn

22 hours ago, Mick said:

Tampa (Bay) Buccaneers:

Speaking of Buccaneers, using Loiw's fictional sets, I expanded the MLB and took over one of the teams, the New Orleans Buccaneers. First season saw a visit to the wildcard game (bloody Mets) and the second season is going alright: image.png

I like the logo, but it's not the best one in the pack, that's definitely this: 

Spoiler

9hcqLgP.png

• Like 1

At least it wasn't the Dodgers :shifty: 

I have a tendency to want to build up this crazy game world, simulate out quite a few years, then come back and take the shittiest team and turn them into winners. So, in this instance, it was Houston, only made the playoffs twice in 30 years, constant losing seasons. I look at their roster -- and they're not too bad, no reason at all why they shouldn't break .500. 

So now I'm simulating a further ten just for good measure, noting that before I take the job blindly to at least look at the team. 

• Like 2

Tokyo Titans (I originally wanted to call them the Typhoons, but I had a bitch of a time finding a logo, so I settled on Titans and just ripped off the Yomiuri Giants :shifty: )

image.png

image.png

YOKOHAMA STARS:

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

The Hiroshima Lightning:

image.png

image.png

I tried to do my best to set them apart from Tampa Bay; there actually is a basketball team called the Lightning based in Hiroshima, so that's where I got the idea (Not to mention the fact that nearly every damn basketball logo has a basketball, which is annoying :shifty: )

• Like 1

image.png?ex=6637cea2&is=66367d22&hm=de5

So, I have a dilemma. these guys are loved by the fans and relatively good. But one of them is my closer who just gave up five runs in the 9th innings of a deciding playoff series game, and the other guy is a useful hand but wants to start, but he's no longer the guy.

If I get rid of them, the fans will hate me, but I really think I can upgrade on them. What would y'all do?