Fantasy Puck Again?

SeanDMan

So we talked about this in September but it never got off the ground. Which is okay because the season ended up not finishing properly.

Anyone feel like doing a small fantasy puck thing for the playoffs?

I was thinking 8 or so of us, quick draft. We have until July 10th when training camps open. If not done drafting probably have, what, another ten days after that.

Want do?

In:

Sean
Ruki
Crab
Baseballhead

7 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I'm in! I am always awful in playoff pools because I never know who is going to make it past each round.

I was thinking

1. In our initial draft, having a maximum amount of players you could pick from one team, to prevent, say, me from loading up on Canucks since they are obviously going all the way

2. After each round, teams could drop eliminated players and replace them. It would be a waiver system, so the team who was in last after round one could replace first, etc etc.

3. When we get to the Stanley Cup Finals, we do medal playoffs: Team 1 vs 2 for the gold, 3 v 4 for the bronze, 5 v 6 for a chicken dinner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

I was thinking

1. In our initial draft, having a maximum amount of players you could pick from one team, to prevent, say, me from loading up on Canucks since they are obviously going all the way

2. After each round, teams could drop eliminated players and replace them. It would be a waiver system, so the team who was in last after round one could replace first, etc etc.

3. When we get to the Stanley Cup Finals, we do medal playoffs: Team 1 vs 2 for the gold, 3 v 4 for the bronze, 5 v 6 for a chicken dinner.

You’re going to be bound by whatever the platform you’re using decides to do though.  I imagine Yahoo and ESPN will get in on some kind of fantasy hockey for this, but it’s unlikely to run the same way a normal season would.  So I’d wait and see on what they offer before figuring things out.

I figured since this is such an unusual scenario, I'd just run everything myself with google docs.

Shouldn't be too difficult to do on a short term basis. Probably not practical for a full 80+ game season, but might be doable for, say, a 50 game season or so?

• 4 weeks later...

I made a Google doc!

Play guys?

Four is a bit small. But is small season. Four good? Maybe more?