TEW 20 2002 Mod

Well that was eventful...

So a quick update as to where I am there's not 1587 workers in the game, of which about a quarter of them have been completed (attributes, skills, popularity etc). The base details of the WWF, NWATNA and CHIKARA have also been completed.

I need to get more referees and announcers added, especially for areas such as Japan and Mexico however the workers are the priority at the minute.

Title histories are the other major piece of work at the minute, because of the time involved and the number of other workers which I'm finding. I've also started to look at arenas which were used by bigger companies. I suspect the initial launch will have limited venues but a higher number of locations so make this part a bit more useable.

All tag teams and worker relationships I currently have mapped out are added to the game, however the ones I've mapped are probably around 50% of what I will have by the launch.

• Like 5

Jam, I'm not sure if you're open to helping out a competing mod, but did you happen to find any good resource for backstage personnel? Cagematch is great for finding workers, but if they didn't wrestle a match, they aren't really listed there as part of a company.

So far, in terms of filling out backstage personnel for WWE, I've gone on memory, but that's not going to be reliable enough. If you're cool with helping me out and have found a good resource for those things, I'd be super grateful. Again though, we're working on the same time period, so it's cool if you don't want to tip your hand.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've had a couple of DM's about this so thought easier to put here rather than reply individually

So after this fizzled out from my side I decided to strip a lot of what I had done back (as I wasn't happy with it) and basically start off. I've actually made decent progress but I'm at the stage now where that needs to be ramped up. Here's the current progress

Workers:

• Currently 1838 workers added, of which 270 are completed (stats, popularity, basics, personality etc)
  • This is clearly going to be the bulk of the project, and I'm setting myself a goal of minimum of 100 workers per week to be completed. Clearly if I maintain this then we're about 16 weeks away from this being completed

Companies:

• 49 have been inputted, with only one fully completed (WWF).
  • This is going to be done slowly over the coming weeks as the workers are the priority.
  • This is an area I'll continue to research as I want about 75 companies (including defunct companies) by the time of launch

Titles/Title Lineages

• 246 Titles have been added, no further details have been inputted on these
  • Title Lineage has been a secondary project alongside adding workers as this is too big a task to do in one go at the end. There are currently 2892 lineages added with lineage from another 114 titles to be added

Venues/Locations

• This is an area I want to build on, however the main launch will be limited (as this can constantly evolve).
  • Currently there are 9 locations added (New York City, London, Chicago, Atlanta, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Detroit, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh). The launch will have at least three locations from each region, and more in larger areas
  • Again venues will be limited to start, I'm hoping around about 100 in the initial launch however these will likely be bigger arenas/stadiums.

Tag Teams

• Currently 60 tag teams added and completed
  • Another 65 tag teams are ready to be added in, with more being looked at as the lineage side project is completed

Contracts

• 59 WWE contracts completed so far. WWE will be prioritised first before looking at other major companies

Alter Egos

• 25 have been completed so far, more being added as full worker profiles are completed. These will predominately been mainstream WWF/WWE guys in the first instance

Hall of Fames

• Hall of Fames have been completed for WWF, WCW and Stampede Wrestling
  • This will only feature workers who have already been inducted, and will not include any future inductees

Worker Relationships

• 791 have been added - this will be the bulk of them initially

Other Areas

• There are currently 161 move sets and 191 moves, these will be added to as more workers are added
  • The NWA will be added as an alliance for the initial release with current members added to it
  • Stables need work in drafting up as only the NWO are currently added
  • I'm aiming for a minimum of 50 gimmicks, 50 match types and 100 angles for the release of this, these will continue to evolve as with venues and locations
  • Currently all WWE events for 2002 are ready to in, other companies will have these added over the coming months
  • Broadcasters and deals are a huge area I need to research, this will be the secondary project once all title histories are completed

Because of the amount of work being done I'm accepting there is also a lot of room for error. I'm planning at about 1000 workers completed to release a very raw version of the database to allow anyone interested in the set up to look at any obvious errors in overness or worker stats. This would effectively be version 0.1 of the mod.

All being well I'm hoping to get to that stage by mid-May!