Games you like that buck a personal trend

Liam

I really do not like open world games, as they rarely if ever respect your time, hold your entirely too much and opt for vastness as opposed to interesting. 

That being said, Breath of the Wild is the greatest game ever. The decision in having distinct biomes that transition into one another is very wise. The south east of the map is the desert, the mountains above and snow at the top of the map and so forth. I am on my second play through the game. I put it down for months and pick it up and play after a bit. 

I think I mentioned it in another thread, but my only criticism of Breath Of The Wild is that the enemies are, aside from Guardians and one-offs like the giant dudes, pretty much all just different coloured goblins and lizardmen. It would make exploring what otherwise feels like a really diverse, living world so much more compelling if you found completely different types of enemy in each area. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skummy said:

I think I mentioned it in another thread, but my only criticism of Breath Of The Wild is that the enemies are, aside from Guardians and one-offs like the giant dudes, pretty much all just different coloured goblins and lizardmen. It would make exploring what otherwise feels like a really diverse, living world so much more compelling if you found completely different types of enemy in each area. 

I would agree, but I think the relative size of the map in Breath of the Wild and the fact it is an island make it fine in my books. Realistically, there are six distinct biomes - the snow, the lava, the mountain, the desert, the heavy jungle area and the field. I think having 6-7 different enemy types that are reskinned/varied in each biome, 3-4 big baddies and the scattered Guardians is fine. I wished that there were 2-3 unique enemies for each biome on top of that.

• Like 1

Lately I've been really into Fortnite. Typically I'm not a fan of non story related games as I feel I'm just wasting time. But, I started playing with my fiance's son as a way to connect because he's obsessed and it quickly became something I just enjoyed playing. It's a really fun game and something I can hop on after or before work if I have a quick half hour to kill.